We are looking for a developer to help us with our ongoing and future projects. You may’ve been calling yourself a full-stack developer, or a WordPress developer or simply, a web developer. If you enjoy writing code and would like to grow as a web developer while building websites hands on — we’d love to have you grow alongside us, as we get better at our craft.
Let’s start by introducing ourselves. We’re a web design and development studio based out of Delhi. We architect information and design radically simple, future-proof websites. We’ve been around since 2011, and over the years have worked on websites for a range of clients across several domains — film, tech events & conferences, internet advocacy, bio sciences outreach, online content publishing, public interest campaigns, design and dev studios, to name a few. We’ve also been participating at web conferences around the world while also speaking and curating a few in India. And throughout we’ve consciously remained small (between 2 to 4 people) while tackling projects collaboratively with peers and freelancers.
Our interest lies at the intersection of content, design and code. Longevity of work is important to us, and we try to envision five years ahead while planning, architecting and proposing projects. We actively seek to work on meaningful subjects, and often find ourselves working with non-profit organisations.
- Participating in project planning, strategy and estimations.
- Information architecture and data modelling, often in the context of a Content Management System (CMS).
- Working closely with designers and giving suggestions to make designs technically feasible.
- Translating designs into front-end templates that render as responsive, interactive webpages.
- Building custom features, often by extending CMS functionality by developing plugins.
- Auditing code to meet quality expected from modern websites, such as SEO, accessibility, security, etc.
- Optimising websites for performance through caching, image optimisations and other #perf best practices.
- Deploying websites which include setting up and configuring web servers and related services.
- Server and CMS migrations.
- Maintenance, support and upgrading past projects.
- Communicating with project team and clients, including creating documentation.
- Learning and staying on top of web standards, development workflows, coding strategies and other industry best practises.
Other traits that will intersect nicely with the rest of us at Miranj —
- Interest in a long term relationship over a short stint.
- Eagerness to take charge and get shit done.
- Open to learning, and ability to pick up new tech by reading documentation & tutorials.
- Sticking to commitments.
- Good communication skills, including writing skills.
- Having an eye for design, and a temperament for design thinking.
- Love for mountains and trekking.
What’s on offer?
- A cool office, with a stocked pantry, which we also run as a small co-working space.
- An annual pilgrimage to the mountains. To rejuvenate from the stresses of work and city.
- Medical insurance (post probation).
We don’t have a dress code, time-keeping or unnecessary rules. But this doesn’t really describe our work culture. We’re extremely goal and commitment oriented. We make decisions through careful deliberation (and not democratically), and resolve differences amicably through extended reasoning. Being small, lean and flexible is our strength. About the only thing we are rigid about is our value system, which includes things like: reason and debate over authority; respect and empathy for people — users, clients, peers, colleagues; autonomy over control; slow and considered over fast and hasty, and a few more that you’ll pick along the way.
How to Apply?
We’d like to see 3 to 4 web-based projects that you’ve done in the past (and are proud of). For each project, mention the duration, your role, and your contribution. These need not be professional / paid work for clients. Self-initiated projects are just as acceptable. Also, please point us to your online presence (like Twitter, Github, LinkedIn, Website/Blog and the likes). And oh, do share your hobbies. If you can teach us new skills, such as playing the guitar, that’ll be awesome.
There will be no discrimination on the basis of caste, race, religion, orientation, gender, physical ability, formal education, age, nationality or any such factors.
We’re a web design and development studio. We architect information and design radically simple, future-proof websites.
We’ve worked with a range of clients since we got started in 2011 — from an independent filmmaker to startups, non-profits, conferences and design agencies. We have also been regularly speaking at and participating in leading web user experience conferences in India.
We seek to make our work inclusive, accessible, clear and future-friendly. We do this by keeping up with the best practices and processes such as mobile-first, responsive design, designing in the browser, progressive enhancement and adopting the latest web standards.
We are technology agnostic in that we like to select the best tool for the job. Having said that, our team is proficient in and has experience working with web frameworks such as Django, Fat-Free, Laravel and CMSes such as WordPress, Craft, Kirby & Bolt.
If you have an interesting project, we’d love to hear about it. Please get in touch.