UX Designer · Pongalo is a Spanish-language website showcasing a deep library of Telenovelas, similar to Soap Operas. It also has a generous amount of… · More film content, and was designed to be responsive and compatible with tablets and smartphones.
As VP, Creative Director I reported to the CEO and was responsible for business development and execution of all digital client work.
• Responsibility for a multi-million...more dollar annual P&L for the interactive business unit
• Recruited and managed a team of developers, designers, copywriters and project managers
• Championed design and collaboration methodologies such as Responsive Web Design, daily standup meetings, bullpen office layout, team off-sites
An interactive design boutique for which I led the creation of websites, intranets, applications, animation and rich-media advertisements for clients such as Discover Financial...more Services, Morgan Stanley, Mattel, The Smithsonian Institution, CNET, Warner Brothers, and TBWA\Chiat\Day.
• Creative direction, Design, Information Architecture
• Marketing and web applications
• New business proposals in response to major corporate RFPs
• Management of multiple concurrent projects
Full service interactive agency with over 600 employees worldwide. Brought many major companies and start-ups to the web through the height of the dot-com boom. Clients included...more MCI, Men’s Health, J.Jill, CBS News, Pitney Bowes, Planet Hollywood, Hugo Boss and more.
• Management of design teams on large-scale web development projects
• Defined creative and visual direction for websites and pitches
• Collaborated with development team to realize our designs
I am the founding employee of BlueLine Grid, where we created "The Grid", a first of it's kind database containing the profiles of more than 11 million public safety professionals in the United States. The Grid was designed as the discovery engine within BlueLine Grid Messenger, our set of mobile apps for iOS and Android, providing discovery and messaging, critical alerts and location tracking for public safety agencies. To date there are a range of local and major national law enforcement and government agencies piloting the apps with a broad rollout planned in the next 6-12 months. I'm incredibly proud of the work I've done with BlueLine Grid to help transform how public safety communicates and collaborates, especially in a crisis situation.
“Mike at his core is an early adopter. He is out in front of trends and best practices -- your go-to guy for knowing what works, what doesn’t, who's doing what for whom, and for how much.
Somehow Mike distills all this information and translates it into beautiful, deceptively simple, sophisticated interfaces that you can’t keep your hands off of. He makes it his mission for users to enjoy the experiences he creates.
Mike raises the bar for what is viable, setting the highest standards and goals for his team. He clearly articulates his vision, and then leads them to it.”