M.io is building a universal messaging network. Users of popular chat apps like Slack, Cisco Spark, and Atlassian Stride can use M.io to send each other direct messages and join universal channels. The company is based in Austin, Texas. Since its founding in early 2016, M.io has raised $8.25m from investors including Goldcrest Capital, Eniac Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Y Combinator and Capital Factory.
Message.io is looking for a talented DevOps / DevSecOps Engineer to assist us continue to grow and scale in a friendly, fast paced startup environment. You will be a critical member of an Agile enterprise engineering team and be responsible for the day to day operations of our enterprise grade infrastructure. You will initially receive a hand off from the current CTO of a fully Dockerized multi-client operation, and will be responsible for increasing the quality, stability and scalability of our existing systems. You will be security led, and will also be expected to incorporate new SOC 2 compliance projects we have lined up and waiting to go.
● Maintaining and scaling our container (Docker) based infrastructure
● Proposing best practice and industry standard improvements to our current systems based on defined SOC 2 policies
● Manage server scaling, stability, monitoring and reporting across all systems
● Monitoring and responding to alerts
● Provision and deploy development, test and production environments
● Support and optimize frequent, incremental code testing and deployment (CI)
● Provision stress testing, report on outcomes and propose optimizations.
● Enforce and refine a set of best practice security policies
● Ability to recommend, implement and support and a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
● Ability to write code and scripts to maximise automation and reporting
● Execute network and application vulnerability scanning
● Support and manage services deployed on Amazon Web Services whilst optimizing costs
● Troubleshoot and remediate issues effectively, and update controls to reduce future risk
● Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges as they appear
● Provide excellent communication skills, reporting directly to the CTO and being able to communicate proposed solutions to the team
● Ensure SOC 2 policies and controls are being enforced and are auditable
● Be able to thoroughly understand and evolve our existing stack, along with identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats as they arise
● Ensure and prove quality of service is being maintained across the platform
● Ensure robust testing and release procedures are being adhered to
● Interacting with and supporting the wider engineering team
● Design and deliver management reports around QoS, uptime and load
● Execute, report and refine disaster recovery plans
● Have a strong focus on business requirements and outcomes
Skills And Qualifications:
● Be familiar with containerization best practices, security and administration
● Experience with Docker, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
● Broad range of system administration skills on *nix based platforms
● Be familiar with Amazon Web Services, and have a particular aptitude for EC2 Linux instances, Load Balancing, AutoScaling, Monitoring, Reporting along with AWS best security practices.
● Automation scripting including bash and python
● Familiarity with infrastructure as code techniques, preferably with Ansible
● Familiarity with CI / CD pipelining, preferably with Jenkins
● Familiarity with network and application vulnerability scanning
● Understand security first concepts and can include them in our software delivery pipeline
● Administration of nginx, php-fpm, node.js, RabbitMQ, MySQL (with replication), Redis
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, particularly Git
● Work in an Agile environment and use associated tools such as Jira.
● Familiarity with OWASP and similar security projects
● Familiarity with PHP, Laravel and Node.js is a plus
Universal Messaging for Chat Apps. Chat with Anyone!
M.io is a universal messaging network that makes it easy to chat with anyone, regardless of which chat app they use. Users of popular apps like Slack, Cisco Spark, and Atlassian Stride can natively send each other direct messages and join universal channels.
Try it at: https://m.io