What we’ll do together
Merchbar is the online retailer of music merchandise and vinyl. We help fans discover and buy authentic products from their favorite artists, and support artists by growing their online merch sales.
We’re Spotify’s worldwide merch partner and power product listings in Spotify for tens of thousands of artists around the world that reach more than 100M fans each month.
We need you to help create new processes, teams, systems and products that help fans, artists and our partners succeed on Merchbar.
You’ll be responsible for directly developing and optimizing initiatives that drive growth and increase satisfaction for everyone in our ecosystem
- Fans - from metal heads in Norway to teenie boppers in Japan
- Artists - from locally touring acts to global icons like Pink Floyd and Logic
- Partners - from streaming services, to ticketing and tech companies
You’ll have broad operational influence with direct responsibility over customer service, partner success and data-management with significant influence and participation in strategy, product and marketing.
You’ll be building on the strong foundation Merchbar has built with 10,000+ artists, hundreds of industry partners, millions of music fans and an empowered, fast-moving team that loves collaboration, growth and progress.
This role reports to the CEO of Merchbar.
You have lead or made significant, direct contributions to operations in rapidly-changing, high-growth environments. You are scrappy, creative and resourceful and enjoy challenging situations that require new solutions.
Clear communication (especially written) and quantitative decision making are second nature to you, and you’re looking to rapidly grow your problem-solving and management skills in a role where your personal contributions have real impact.
You should have
- Superior data and analytical skills, including the ability to directly perform data analysis in order to create tactical operational recommendations (Sheets/excel required, SQL strongly preferred but not required)
- Previous people management experience, ideally managing a full team
- A predisposition to give structure to ambiguous problems
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
You have experience with OR want to learn
- B2B relationship and partnership management
- Two or three-sided marketplace growth
- Product design
- Financial modeling
- We’re a small team working to build a music business that forwards culture, fosters community and supports self-expression
- We love challenging convention, assumptions and ourselves
- We value diversity, individuality and unique perspectives
- We believe in hiring smart people and giving them the support and flexibility to succeed
Be Prepared For
- A culture heavily biased towards written communication, mostly in Slack and Dropbox Paper.
- An intensely collaborative team that works together to solve any problems that come our way, and to work in a group where people go beyond their job descriptions as needed.
- While we are headquartered in San Francisco, approximately 70 percent of our team is located outside of the Bay Area. As such, you should enjoy collaborating with remote team members and building culture virtually.
Merchbar is the marketplace for music merchandise - The one place for music fans to discover and buy merch from their favorite artists.
Merchbar is the only place to shop over 1,000,000 products from more than 100,000 of the world's top artists from The Beatles to Justin Bieber.
We built Merchbar for the billions of music fans who want authentic, top quality products and expect beautiful and simple ecommerce.
Before starting Merchbar our team sold millions of band shirts, tens of millions of records and our tech lead was Dropbox’s first employee.