Merchbar’s Engineers are the backbone of Merchbar and each have a personal, direct impact on a product that supports hundreds of thousands of artists and reaches many millions of fans.
Our organization is small and individual roles are deep - all of our engineers contribute across the entire stack and develop through all stages of development from scoping and architecture to implementation, scaling and optimization.
Here’s a preview of the work you’d do in this role at Merchbar
- Collaborate with engineers and others in all phases of development from concept to launch
- Ship customer-facing storefront features to millions of users
- Extend and improve the integrations that connect us to hundreds of external merchandise systems, keeping our inventory fresh and orders on track
- Use image recognition to improve our product classifications
- Create new data models and update our PostgreSQL schema. Write efficient, optimized SQL queries
- Brainstorm and implement a series of A/B tests to improve our checkout flow
- Build internal tools and automations that empower your non-technical coworkers
- Help improve our software development process and engineering best practices as our team continues to grow
Here is what we’re looking for in you
- Experience/comfort working with 3rd Party APIs
- A continual desire to learn. Experience with our technology stack is not required (Node, Bootstrap, Python, Flask, Celery, Postgres, etc.), but the possibility of learning a new framework is exciting to you
- Great communication skills. You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, and support team members
- Fluency with data, including the ability to choose the right metrics and use basic probability and statistics to guide decision-making and prove ideas right or wrong
- Creative, flexible, and resourceful problem-solving skills. In an environment where time and resources are always limited, you realize the perfect solution is not always the right one.
- An eagerness to help your coworkers. When things break, you’re ready to jump in and help.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Professional/Career Development
Merchbar is the marketplace for music merchandise - The one place for music fans to discover and buy merch from their favorite artists.
Merchbar is the only place to shop over 1,000,000 products from more than 100,000 of the world's top artists from The Beatles to Justin Bieber.
We built Merchbar for the billions of music fans who want authentic, top quality products and expect beautiful and simple ecommerce.
Before starting Merchbar our team sold millions of band shirts, tens of millions of records and our tech lead was Dropbox’s first employee.