Medicast is a technology healthcare service that connects patients with nearby on call doctors on-demand to deliver affordable, high quality and compassionate care in the comfort of the patient's home, workplace, or hotel--all within 2 hours.
Available on iOS, via the web, and directly through the phone (call center).
- Over $109,000,000,000 is spent on primary care each year, of which $4,360,000,000 is paid for by the patient directly to the providers ("direct pay")
- There are over 560,000,000 primary care physician visits every year
- Over 50% of patients complain about trouble getting appointments within at least one week, wait times of over 30 minutes in the waiting room, and that doctors spend too little time with them
- Within the next 3 years, there will be a shortage of 65,000 primary care physicians due to burn out--doctors are turning to provide private, concierge services
- Target market of $65 billion of services that can be rendered remotely