You will be the second engineering hire for Meadow, but the fifth member of our engineering team (3 of our co-founders are engineers). Meadow is comprised of multiple React client applications alongside a Node.js back-end, and we are looking for a strong engineer to help shape the future of these applications.
We are looking for someone who enjoys and wants to work primarily on our API backend. However, having the ability to jump into React quickly and finish out a feature is a huge plus. If you don't know React yet, we will teach you!
- Develop and ship features from end-to-end.
- Engineer scalable APIs in Node.js to power all of our clients
- Performance tune response times and SQL queries
- Implement user interfaces in React alongside Redux
- Work with our team to engineer new growth initiatives
- Write lots of tests!
We are looking for people with:
- Experience developing back-end APIs to power consumer product and/or SaaS platforms
- Experience with Node.js, SQL Databases, and React (or another framework like Ember or Angular)
- Desire to use and contribute back to open-source
- A drive to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
You can expect:
- Work with the latest technologies (Node.js, React, ES6/7, Koa, etc.)
- Competitive compensation with a strong equity position
- Flexible work hours and 25 days paid vacation that you are expected to take
- Full medical, dental, and vision
Meadow (YC W15) builds software for California’s cannabis industry, including Meadow Platform, an all-in-one software suite for dispensaries; Meadow Directory (getmeadow.com) an on-demand cannabis delivery service; and Meadow MD, a telehealth service for medical cannabis patients.
In 2014 the company launched getmeadow.com, an on-demand Directory connecting patients to dispensaries for cannabis delivery. The following year, Meadow became the first Y-Combinator startup to operate in the cannabis space and launched Meadow MD, a telemedicine platform connecting patients to doctors for online evaluations.
In 2016 the company launched Meadow Platform, a SaaS platform built from the ground up for California cannabis retail and delivery. The all-in-one suite powers a POS system, inventory management, analytics, online and mobile ordering and compliance. These tools help dispensaries work faster, serve more patients, remain compliant with state and local regulations, and earn more revenue.