You will be the second engineering hire for Meadow, but the fifth member of our engineering team (3 of our co-founders are engineers). Meadow is comprised of multiple React client applications alongside a Node.js back-end, and we are looking for a strong engineer to help shape the future of these applications.
We are looking for someone who enjoys and wants to work primarily on our API backend. However, having the ability to jump into React quickly and finish out a feature is a huge plus. If you don't know React yet, we will teach you!
- Develop and ship features from end-to-end.
- Engineer scalable APIs in Node.js to power all of our clients
- Performance tune response times and SQL queries
- Implement user interfaces in React alongside Redux
- Work with our team to engineer new growth initiatives
- Write lots of tests!
We are looking for people with:
- Experience developing back-end APIs to power consumer product and/or SaaS platforms
- Experience with Node.js, SQL Databases, and React (or another framework like Ember or Angular)
- Desire to use and contribute back to open-source
- A drive to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
You can expect:
- Work with the latest technologies (Node.js, React, ES6/7, Koa, etc.)
- Competitive compensation with a strong equity position
- Flexible work hours and 25 days paid vacation that you are expected to take
- Full medical, dental, and vision
Meadow (YC W15) builds software solutions for the modern cannabis industry.
In 2014, we opened our doors with an on-demand directory connecting patients to dispensaries for cannabis delivery.
In 2015, Meadow became the first Y-Combinator startup to operate in the cannabis space and launched Meadow MD, a telemedicine platform connecting connecting medical cannabis patients to licensed physicians for online evaluations.
In 2016, we launched Meadow Platform, a SaaS platform built from the ground up for California cannabis retail and delivery.
Today, Meadow has become a powerful point of sale suite that helps cannabis retail and delivery save time, cut costs, increase revenue, and boost retention. Our robust & compliant point of sale software allows retail and delivery cannabis businesses to sell, track, organize, analyze, and reward within one integrated POS system.