• Helped build Keen Home's API using Scala, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Redis, Docker, and AWS • Built and maintained Node.js-based API integration tests, admin tools, and...more schedule systems • Wrote and shipped production Smart Vent firmware in C with the SiLabs Ember ZigBee stack • Created factory software in Scala and Node.js / Electron with React and Redux GUIs
• Designed and assembled SMT PCBs for the first three iterations of a Bluetooth LE wearable sensor device • Researched and selected all components used in the device, including...more MCUs, radios, and MEMS sensors • Generated and 3D printed CAD models of electronics enclosures for wearable testing of devices
Connected vent for intelligent heating and cooling
Product Engineer, Zigbee Cluster Library, Embedded C, Arm Cortex M3 Microprocessor · Worked on the REST API that powers the Keen Home app, most… · More substantially in the authentication systems, cloud-to-cloud partner integrations, and device endpoints. API is written in Scala with Akka and Spray and interacts with Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, and various AWS services.
Wrote a large portion of the firmware that runs the device. Performed electrical testing, and enacted several circuit changes to improve device performance and reliability. Learned the ins and outs of the ZigBee Cluster Library, as well as the ZigBee Home Automation specification.
Built several applications to run test fixtures on the assembly line. They were written using Scala and Node.js with GUIs built with Electron, Redux, and React.
The Keen Home Smart Vent is a wirelessly networked air vent that intelligently opens and closes to redirect central heating and cooling airflow throughout your home. The Smart Vent not only increases room-by-room comfort, but also reduces the run time of central heating and cooling systems by up to 30 percent!
Mechatronics engineer, firmware developer, Solidworks, AVR ATtiny, Ki Cad · Prototyped all electronics, designed several iterations of the circuit… · More board, assembled boards with a homemade reflow oven, wrote all the firmware, helped assemble the finished products
Minimalistic LED clock built out of a solid block of wood with LEDs shining through the front instead of hands. Half art-piece, half engineering project. Very pretty.
• Shipped production firmware for the Keen Home Smart Vent
• Helped build the Keen Home app API, with major contributions to the authentication systems and cloud-to-cloud integrations
• Built desktop applications to run test equipment at Keen's factory's assembly lines