We started Maxwell to reinvent how the $8.5T residential mortgage industry works. Maxwell empowers mortgage lenders to be more connected, productive and successful by intelligently automating their workflow with homebuyers and realtors. That means we aim to enhance relationships between lending teams and their customers through online collaboration, and empower productivity using machine learning. We’re proud to work alongside mortgage professionals on Maxwell to transform the way they do business. Maxwell is based in Denver, Colorado and proud to be a Techstars-backed company.
WHO ARE WE?
Maxwell is building SaaS software that empowers mortgage lenders to radically transform their business! We’re made up of driven, collaborative, and authentic individuals that believe in what we do. We all share a deep passion to understand our customers and build products that radically transform the way people make major financial decisions. Maybe that’s why we’ve been growing so fast -- Maxwell has already facilitated over $5B in home loans within our first 12 months in market. And we believe that doing well also means doing good: a portion of all of Maxwell’s revenues is dedicated to building homes for those who need them most in Haiti and El Salvador. We’ll do whatever it takes, wearing multiple hats every day, to make each other and our customers a success, and to make the world a better place. Come join us as we build a new way to finance a home!
WHO ARE YOU?
You are passionate about user-centered design and usability. You love not just the detail of the pixels to create a visual experience, but also the philosophy and execution of interaction design. You engage with users, ask big questions, and enjoy the challenge of turning ideas into product. This is your perfect job! As Maxwell’s lead product designer, you'll take ownership of a product that helps manage transactions worth billions of dollars each month -- involved in the entire product development process, from early research and visioning to tweaking pixels up to launch. You’ll lead the effort to refine Maxwell’s simplicity as a B2B2C platform and apply it to new, amazing user experiences. You’ll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build magical experiences. To accomplish this, you’ll be someone who naturally puts yourself in the shoes of customers -- in our case lenders and borrowers -- and thinks deeply about how to improve their experience. You and our product and engineering teams will work closely together to bring to design, test, iterate and implement user experiences, beginning with design goals, flows then wireframes, user testing, mocks and eventually production-ready assets.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years experience in the full range of product design, interaction design and visual design
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization, and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- Experience designing and shipping web and mobile products that customers love, being able to distill complex business problems into simple and elegant solutions
- We love making things beautiful and hope you feel the same, and that you have a highly refined aesthetic sense. You have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- Ability to design for any platform (iOS, Android, mobile web, etc.)
- Mastery of design tools: Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop and mastery of prototyping tools (e.g. Framer, Pixate, Origami, HTML/CSS/JS, After Effects, Swift)
- A web portfolio featuring examples of your design work
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Passion for Maxwell’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
WHAT YOU GET
An opportunity to be a key part of an agile team of thinkers and doers collaborating to change a multi-trillion dollar industry. We offer meaningful equity at an early stage company, a competitive salary, top-tier medical, dental and vision insurance, and flexible work hours and vacation time. Here are our awesome benefits in black and white:
- Meaningful equity as an early employee at Maxwell, we want you to be an owner that makes decisions and GSDs like one as we build the future together
- Top-tier insurance plans to select from along with a Flexible Spending Account where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Parking and public transport allowance to get you to the office in your own way whether you want to park or take the RTD (up to $100/month reimbursed)
- 100% of costs paid for your hardware/software you need to do your job
- At least three weeks of vacation time plus all 10 days of major holidays
- Up to two days off to volunteer each year at the charity of your choice
- An “Even Merrier Christmas” when we shut down the office between Christmas and New Year so you can enjoy your family and friends.
- A powder ski day for that one day when you’ve just got to hit the slopes with no lift lines (Three rules: you’re not disrupting anyone on the team by doing it, you make up the work day within 14 days, and this is an experiment based on trust)
- Most of all, we hire smart people who are driven, collaborative and authentic. That’s who you get to work with every day to build an incredible company and a caring culture.
Hi, we're Maxwell. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the $8.5T residential mortgage market by empowering mortgage lenders to be more successful by intelligently automating their workflow with homebuyers and real estate agents. Maxwell is used at hundreds of lenders nationwide to serve their customers. Although our founding team hails from Silicon Valley, Maxwell is proud to be built in Denver, Colorado, and is a 2016 graduate of Techstars, the leading global technology accelerator.