We started Maxwell to reinvent how the $8.5T residential mortgage industry works. Maxwell empowers mortgage lenders to be more connected, productive and successful by intelligently automating their workflow with homebuyers and realtors. That means we aim to enhance relationships between lending teams and their customers through online collaboration, and empower productivity using machine learning. We’re proud to work alongside mortgage professionals on Maxwell to transform the way they do business. Maxwell is based in Denver, Colorado and proud to be a Techstars-backed company.
WHO WE ARE
Maxwell is on a mission to reimagine how mortgage lenders in our $8.5T industry work together with borrowers to buy a home. Based in beautiful Denver, Colorado, Maxwell is a VC-backed startup that empowers lenders by intelligently automating their workflow so the focus isn’t the paperwork, it’s the trust developed from personal relationships.
And we believe that doing well also means doing good: a portion of all of Maxwell’s revenues is dedicated to building homes for those who need them most in Haiti and El Salvador.
We’ll do whatever it takes, wearing multiple hats every day, to make each other and our customers successful, and to make the world a better place. Come join us as we build a new way to finance a home!
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
Your role is to ensure that we build high-quality product that solves big problems for our customers. More details about what is expected:
- Own complete product lifecycle for your product from end-to-end, taking features from ideas to requirements, including customer discovery, user experience review, success criteria and measuring user adoption
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently. Analyze the mortgage origination process and identifying where to focus. The mortgage technology landscape is changing fast, and we need your leadership to capitalize on market trends to drive our product strategy.
- Become a market expert in mortgage origination, and learning everything about the market landscape and tech stack
- Craft detailed definition of product requirements to enable engineering, UX to build and test against their vision
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (engineering, UX, QA, legal, etc.) to make product tradeoffs as needed
- Maintain product metrics, tracking bugs and necessary improvements until product/features’ end of life
- Design and run customer research projects to get product feedback and test new ideas using a variety of techniques
WHO ARE YOU
- Passion to take on a complex experience and create delight for enterprise-level mortgage companies and their consumer clients
- 4+ years experience as a product manager with a proven track record of driving software from idea to implementation on a cross-functional agile team
- Great attention to detail: “Pixel perfect isn't an ideal, it is a requirement”
- A history of creating SaaS applications with great user experience and loyal customers
- Superb project management skills
- Familiarity with a wide variety of research, design, and analysis techniques for understanding products, markets and customers including: discovery, competitive analysis, product concept validation, and prototype testing.
- You have demonstrated successful experience working in a hands-on, fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment, in a cross-functional capacity
- You are naturally curious, empathetic and kind, and back your recommendations with strong supporting evidence
- Bonus points for real estate and mortgage tech experience, financial product management experience, prior team management experience
WHAT YOU GET
- An opportunity to be a key part of an agile team of thinkers and doers collaborating to help people complete complex financial decisions more simply and easily. We offer:
- Competitive base salary + generous stock options in an early stage startup
- Top-tier medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off, including 15 vacation days + 10 holidays and 2 volunteer days
- Monthly commuter stipend for transit or parking
- Dog-friendly, centrally located office in downtown Denver
- Challenging work with an opportunity to have a direct impact on day-to-day operations
Please keep applications brief; we want succinct resumes with relevant experience. Be prepared to demonstrate your skills. Short but super-personalized cover letters are encouraged.
Principals only, please. We aren't using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Maxwell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Maxwell does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Hi, we're Maxwell. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the $8.5T residential mortgage market by empowering mortgage lenders to be more successful by intelligently automating their workflow with homebuyers and real estate agents. Maxwell is used at hundreds of lenders nationwide to serve their customers. Although our founding team hails from Silicon Valley, Maxwell is proud to be built in Denver, Colorado, and is a 2016 graduate of Techstars, the leading global technology accelerator.