We started Maxwell to reinvent how the $8.5T residential mortgage industry works. Maxwell empowers mortgage lenders to be more connected, productive and successful by intelligently automating their workflow with homebuyers and realtors. That means we aim to enhance relationships between lending teams and their customers through online collaboration, and empower productivity using machine learning. We’re proud to work alongside mortgage professionals on Maxwell to transform the way they do business. Maxwell is based in Denver, Colorado and proud to be a Techstars-backed company.
WHO WE ARE
Maxwell is on a mission to reimagine how mortgage lenders in our $8.5T industry work together with borrowers to buy a home. Based in beautiful Denver, Colorado, Maxwell is a VC-backed startup that empowers lenders by intelligently automating their workflow so the focus isn’t the paperwork, it’s the trust developed from personal relationships.
And we believe that doing well also means doing good: a portion of all of Maxwell’s revenues is dedicated to building homes for those who need them most in Haiti and El Salvador.
We’ll do whatever it takes, wearing multiple hats everyday, to make each other and our customers successful, and to make the world a better place. Come join us as we build a new way to finance a home!
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
As an Account Executive at Maxwell, you’ll have a significant impact on the growth of our business through new customer acquisition, interaction with the leadership team and by providing input on the sales process and product at Maxwell. More details about what is expected:
- Work directly with prospects (heads of sales, heads of production and owners of mortgage companies) to show them how Maxwell can meet their unique needs and concerns
- Understand a prospect’s technology goals, identify ways in which Maxwell can help meet those goals
- Follow up on sales leads, qualify prospects, passionately demonstrate our technology, and create and deliver effective presentations
- Maintain accurate notes, activity and opportunity data in CRM
- Become a product expert, able to walk business owners through the full Maxwell experience and show them how it help transform the customer experience and help them to close loans faster.
- Represent Maxwell at industry events
- Drive revenue by navigating the customer buying process, engaging key stakeholders, and ultimately closing the deal.
- Effectively manage pipeline, sales activity, and provide accurate forecasting
- Work closely with our internal team on continuous improvements to process, metric management, and creating predictability in our revenue stream
- Ability to travel up to 20%
WHO ARE YOU
- 2-4 years experience selling B2B SaaS products with a proven track record of success in a high-volume, fast paced role (experience selling in the mortgage industry a huge plus but not required)
- Trained in effective opportunity discovery and an ability to speak/sell to prospect pain points
- Have worked with clients consultatively and have a proven track record of closing accounts
- You hustle: need little guidance and own targets and projects from beginning to end
- Process-minded: you proactivity look for opportunities to improve upon inefficient processes
- Articulate, with excellent communication skills both oral and written
- You’re naturally curious - you have a passion for learning new things and understanding what makes our customers successful
- Experience using a CRM system like Hubspot or Salesforce
- Bonus points for deep knowledge of the mortgage industry
WHAT YOU GET
An opportunity to be a key part of an agile team of thinkers and doers collaborating to help people complete complex financial decisions more simply and easily. We offer:
- Competitive pay + generous stock options in an early stage startup
- Top-tier medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off, including 15 vacation days + 10 holidays and 2 volunteer days
- Monthly commuter stipend for transit or parking
- Dog-friendly, centrally located office in downtown Denver
- Challenging work with an opportunity to have a direct impact on day-to-day operations
Please keep applications brief; we want succinct resumes with relevant experience. Be prepared to demonstrate your skills. Short but super-personalized cover letters are encouraged.
Principals only, please. We aren't using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Maxwell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Hi, we're Maxwell. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the $8.5T residential mortgage market by empowering mortgage lenders to be more successful by intelligently automating their workflow with homebuyers and real estate agents. Maxwell is used at hundreds of lenders nationwide to serve their customers. Although our founding team hails from Silicon Valley, Maxwell is proud to be built in Denver, Colorado, and is a 2016 graduate of Techstars, the leading global technology accelerator.