Continue to advise client on the best corporate structure for his organization. Counseled client on the pending lawsuit that threatens the stacking of California State Cultivation...more Licenses. Discussed the various licenses they would need for his new compound, zoning issues and many other subjects. Currently beginning work on the various interlocking corporate entities that will best fit his business plans.
Helped incorporate the company and created all documents required for a legal and fully compliant Cannabis Edible company. Obtained Medicinal Cultivation and Manufacturing...more Licenses for the Company.
Did all the work to create and insure regulatory compliance for this Cannabis Medicinal Cooperative. Created and filed the necessary documents to create a 501(c) 3 for the...more cooperative during the Medicinal Era in California. This Non-Profit organization is now obsolete because in the “recreational era” you no longer have to use non-profits to sell Cannabis or Cannabis related products.
1) I have a thorough knowledge of the California regulations and laws concerning Cannabis that became enforceable at the first of this year. I am also intimately familiar with all the California State License applications and am familiar with quite a few local jurisdictions’ (County, City and Town) regulations and licenses that came enforceable this year.
2) I have an MBA and have owned my own companies so I understand the business environment unlike most lawyers; even business and corporate lawyers.
3) I know it is a cliché, but I am really good at dealing with people.
4) I have no fear of confrontation, public speaking and negotiating.
5) I am excellent with contracts.
6) I am very good a filing documents with various government agencies. Once I was able to get an application for a 501c3 (Non-profit designation from the IRS) in six weeks. Usually these applications take up to six months.
A place with as little unnecessary drama and politics as possible. A place where instructions are clear, hard work and quality work are recognized and where the focus is getting your work done over irrelevant rules and protocols. A place where integrity is recognized and rewarded.