You think more as a boss than as an employee on technology leadership. You lead the tech team and work closely with business to develop products, improve quality and explore new possibilities.
• Communicate, comprehend and work with Business to provide solution architectural, developmental and technological options according to our roadmap
• Mobilise and lead product management, web engineers, UI/UX designers, and data engineers to deliver top notch products and quality on schedule
• Develop and lead a DevOps team: recommend resource needs and allocation; put right people at the right seats (according to their unique capability); ensure they do things right (deliver quality and on schedule)
• Balance long term code health and sustainability with progressive business needs
• Design and develop DevOps best practices and performance
• Own each module and its features from initial discussions through to release
• Guide, coach and mentor junior developers
• BS in Computer Science or a similar field or relevant experience
• 7 years of professional experience building large scale frontend and related backend workflow, booking, documentation, database & other applications
• Strong work ethics, positive attitudes, and a great personality that brings joy to work
• Experience working with SQL, relational databases, big data, graph database is a plus
• Experience with service oriented architecture and REST based web service development
• Ability to identify and apply appropriate design and integration patterns to deliver complex business requirements
• Experience working with cloud-based systems (GCP, AWS) and virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, and organisational skills
• Experience and interest in leading and growing a team with an entrepreneur rather than employee mindset
Maritime Technologies (R&D) - we take daily steps towards our vision in "Aggregated Shipping", which is achieved from consolidating several individual seaborne shipments into one, cutting need of a ship to call multiple ports. The results: (1) better financials for both carrier and customer; (2) better utilization, cut wastage; and (3) reduced GHG emissions.
90% of startups fail. We will not fail as WE WILL NOT STOP. We will not stop only because we know what we are doing. We are a tech startup steep in domain knowledge & network in maritime shipping, and a clear road map with each project that will lead us to our vision.
We combine optimism and enthusiasm with a full load of realism and practicality. Our experienced domain experts know about the business, and are deep into R&D for every project. We embrace technology, know but push its limits to ensure adoption is natural, and outcome is valuable for our customers.
Experienced & Highly Skilled Coders - Let Set Sails Together!