Luminostics is a Y Combinator and Khosla Ventures-backed startup building a smartphone adapter for at-home disease testing and health monitoring using nanotechnology that interfaces with the phone's built-in optics. Check out our YC pitch (https://youtu.be/eujghbT6CfA) and product summary (https://docsend.com/view/4seca9g) for a high-level introduction. Our vision is to build end-to-end consumer health products that empower people with access to actionable molecular-level health information.
We’re looking for our first software hire! You will join our current team of three ChemE/BioE PhDs and one mechanical engineer and lead our software engineering efforts. Hit us up at email@example.com if interested with a brief summary of your relevant background.
- collaborate with CEO and CTO to define product requirements and roadmap
- build, manage, and maintain Luminostics' software infrastructure to execute on roadmap including app front-end, image processing pipeline, back-end data transfer, encryption, and analytics
- recruit and manage Luminostics' software development team
- deep alignment with Luminostics' mission and values; passion for consumer health empowerment
- 4+ years in software engineering
- knowledge of iOS and Android platforms and associated back-end infrastructure
- experience developing and implementing novel algorithms for digital image processing (or other kinds of digital signal processing) using Matlab/Python/C++/OpenCV/OpenGL
- built, shipped (launched on app/Play store), and maintained one or more iOS/Android apps
- testing apps for robustness — our products will need to have extraordinarily low chances of crashing
- project management skills, experience managing developers
- technologically diverse background and ability/willingness to learn new things quickly
- communication skills — simply explaining highly technical concepts
- ability to provide technical leadership to other team members on coding practices, performance, testing, automation, scale and architecture
What's in it for you:
- creating meaningful products alongside a passionate team; intricate involvement in designing first-in-class at-home disease testing/health monitoring experience for consumers
- ownership of the entire software component (front-end, technical architecture, image processing pipeline, back-end data transfer, encryption, etc.) of Luminostics' products
- challenge of building extremely high-reliability software
- meaningful equity in a promising early-stage startup
- leading the recruitment of Luminostics' software team
Luminostics has built a smartphone adaptor for at-home disease testing and health monitoring. Our product platform enables the 15-minute detection and/or quantitation of targets such as bacteria, viruses, hormones and proteins from a variety of liquid samples. A user will simply (i) add a small liquid sample to a single-use cartridge, (ii) load the cartridge into a phone case-like reusable smartphone adaptor, and (iii) press a button on an app to obtain a result in a few minutes. Luminostics' technology is based on light-emitting nanoparticles that can be super-sensitively detected using a smartphone camera after excitation with the phone's flash.