• Where we are going
At Loomly (www.loomly.com), we are democratizing social media expertise & services to empower every brand to stand out from the crowd. This journey started with building the best social media planning solution on the market. Now, the real fun begins. Join our small, fast-growing team and see what is next.
• What we offer
We are a US company and we are building our core team here in Los Angeles, California. For you, that means: awesome teammates, work/life balance & meaningful work. Along with a competitive package and cool perks, of course.
• Your responsibilities
We’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to work directly with our CEO and lead all data-related efforts at Loomly. This will include designing, implementing and scaling a patent pending machine learning engine from scratch, and providing data-driven, business insights to both the marketing and the engineering team.
• Your qualifications
- 4+ years experience of software engineering with a high-level programming language, preferably Python, and proficiency in SQL.
- Strong machine learning background, including supervised and unsupervised algorithms design.
- 2+ years experience of quantitative analysis, preferably for an Internet-based company, inclusive of a solid understanding of statistical concepts such as multivariate analysis, type I / type II errors, effect sizes, linear & logistic regression and survival analysis.
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, customer service & marketing and ability to structure thoughts clearly & succinctly in written form for consumption in an asynchronous workplace environment.
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field. Advanced degrees preferred but not required.
- Bonus: experience with Amazon AI & Scikit Learn.
• Your competencies
If you have a track record of efficiency, integrity, follow-through on commitments, attention to detail, persistence & proactivity, then you will feel at home in our team. You will also get a head start if you can demonstrate communication, listening & teamwork skills.
• How to apply
Send us a link to your LinkedIn profile, along with some samples of your work (GitHub, StackOverflow, portfolio) at email@example.com and let us know in a short paragraph why you would like to join the Loomly team and how you can contribute to our long-term goals.