LinkCycle is an enterprise SaaS that allows plant managers and controllers to save manufacturing costs. Manufacturers currently spend millions on meters and audits to monitor resource consumption and assess costs. Without even stepping foot into the plant, our algorithms use readily-available data to automatically identify which machines drive resource costs, for energy, materials, water, and waste. Plant managers select low-hanging strategies and monitor continuous cost reduction through the LinkCycle dashboard. About 20% cost reduction has been identified for our customers.
LinkCycle takes two sources of data:
1) Interval data for any metered utility (i.e. 15-min electricity usage from the facility's master utility meter)
2) Production output for all products (usually available every work shift)
Using an ensemble of provisionally patented statistical techniques, LinkCycle correlates these two data sets to determine the resource usage of each production line / machine. LinkCycle provides a map back to the customer of how these resources flow through all equipment, with about 90% accuracy. This map identifies inefficiencies and priorities for cost reduction, through strategies that don't require additional capital expenditure.
Our approach uses existing data to reveal cost savings, avoiding the expense of submetering or extensive audits. This reduces the cost of implementation, and accelerates the time to insight and action.
The beta of our software was released in Q4 2013, and is built on Ruby on Rails, with algorithms written in R script.
(1) Large, concentrated market opportunity ($2B market from 3,000 addressable customers)
(2) Cornerstone business intelligence can be applied in production scheduling, demand response, energy procurement, cost accounting, and other natural partnerships for large-scale distribution
(3) High growth potential with a foreseeable exit strategy
(4) Initial traction with 7 companies
(5) Capital efficient--$2M needed initially to attain revenue-based sustenance
Most impressive accomplishment
Alex Loijos is a materials and energy efficiency expert and entrepreneur, and has 7 years experience helping manufacturers improve material and energy efficiency to increase profitability. His professional accomplishments include co-founding two software companies and managing product development teams. Loijos earned a MS in Technology and Policy from MIT and is a frequent speaker at energy conferences.
Experienced technology team builder, leader, architect, and manager with a strong inclination towards multi-vendor and open source solutions. Successful leadership of large scale consumer website development, knowledge indexing and retrieval development, construction of a data center, and ongoing IT services for 75 users. Specialties: Server architecture; network architecture; agile development processes; linux and open source tool deployment, and maintenance; small company growth management
Tell us why you're building this business, and why you're the right
people to do it.