We are looking for individuals who pick things up quickly and develop skills in our interdisciplinary space, with strong implementation ability.
* Writing core infrastructure software
* System design for Lightning for payments and future projects
* Designing secure protocols, software, and algorithms which reduce trust.
* Supporting communicating with the wider community and industries about our software and technology.
* Quick learner.
* Strong engineering background.
* Experience in Bitcoin, cryptography, or financial software a major plus but not necessary.
* Can think adversarially.
* Solid programming skills, experience in golang, C, C++, or python a plus.
* Demonstrate solid engineering practices and processing, such as a solid testing methodology and documentation.
* Ability to take ownership of projects
* Prior contributions to crypto protocols
Check out our github repo at https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd.
Lightning is a decentralized network using smart contract functionality in the blockchain to enable instant, high volume transactions across a network of participants.
Instant Payments. Lightning-fast blockchain payments without worrying about block confirmation times. Security is enforced by blockchain smart-contracts without creating a on-blockchain transaction for individual payments.
Scalability. Capable of millions to billions of transactions per second across the network. Capacity blows away legacy payment rails by many orders of magnitude. Attaching payment per action/click is now possible without custodians.
Low Cost. By transacting and settling off-blockchain, Lightning allows for very low fees, which allows for emerging use cases such as instant micropayments.
Cross Blockchains. Cross-chain atomic swaps can occur off-chain instantly, enabling instant transactions between blockchains without custodial risk.