We're looking for an experienced systems software engineer versed in applied cryptography, peer-to-peer networks, distributed systems, open source software, and cryptocurrency protocols. This includes working on lnd and neutrino, conducting novel cryptocurrency research, contributing to the design of BOLT specifications, and helping create the next generation of smart contract applications on Bitcoin.
An ideal candidate would have a strong passion for Bitcoin and a desire to make using Bitcoin cheap, fast, and simple for everyone.
- Design and implement core Lightning Network (LN) protocols and algorithms
- Contribute to mission critical peer-to-peer cryptocurrency daemons written in Go
- Collaborate with the greater team on the research and design of future iterations of LN
- Participate in issue triage and code review of open source contributions to our various repos
- Communicate with the wider community and industry about our software and technology
- Strong engineering background with solid programming skills
- Experience in Go desired, C or C++ relevant as well
- Thorough understanding of the principles of distributed systems and peer-to-peer networking
- Solid engineering practices and processes, such as testing methodology and documentation
- Experience with Bitcoin, cryptography, and/or financial software
- Prior contributions to crypto protocols and open source software collaboration preferred
- Quick learner, geared towards implementation
- Eager to develop new skills and willing to take ownership of projects
Check out our github repo at https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd.
Lightning is a decentralized network using smart contract functionality in the blockchain to enable instant, high volume transactions across a network of participants.
Instant Payments. Lightning-fast blockchain payments without worrying about block confirmation times. Security is enforced by blockchain smart-contracts without creating a on-blockchain transaction for individual payments.
Scalability. Capable of millions to billions of transactions per second across the network. Capacity blows away legacy payment rails by many orders of magnitude. Attaching payment per action/click is now possible without custodians.
Low Cost. By transacting and settling off-blockchain, Lightning allows for very low fees, which allows for emerging use cases such as instant micropayments.
Cross Blockchains. Cross-chain atomic swaps can occur off-chain instantly, enabling instant transactions between blockchains without custodial risk.