We're Lawn Love, a new type of lawn care service. We bring software and data (truckloads of data!) to the sprawling, low-tech lawn care market. We’re hiring experienced full-stack engineers to help us reinvent this $83B/year industry.
Our platform connects hundreds of thousands of lawn-havers with independent gardeners all across the country. We’re currently operating in 100+ cities across 38 states, and are growing quickly.
== Your role ==
- Turn ideas into finished products, for both internal and external use. Front-end? Back-end? You’re all-in.
- Own those new products! As an early hire, you’re helping define our engineering culture and will work directly with your peers to tune the engineering machine.
- Future-proof your new code with unit and acceptance tests.
== Our stack + engineering culture ==
- React Native phone apps.
- Running in AWS, using OpsWorks for one-click deployments straight from Github.
- Deep integrations with Twilio, Sendgrid, and Customer.io
- Using a lean process (kanban) in Jira to manage the pipeline of new projects (scrum masters? who needs ‘em!).
- Huge fans of continuous integration, one-idea-per-commit, and feature flag philosophies.
== Why modernize lawn care? ==
Lawn Love solves problems for both lawn care consumers (anyone with grass, shrubs, or xeriscaping) and the pros doing the work. We've brought a suite of 21st century services to lawn care, including: Online quoting, scheduling, and payments; quantitative analyses to ensure consumers get a great lawn pro, every time; and job routing and clustering algorithms that increase pros' route density.
== Our company ==
- We're both well-funded and profitable. We launched out of YCombinator in 2014, and have some of the sharpest investors out there.
- Looking for personal development? Our growth has been explosive, with each month bringing new challenges as we scale.
- We're here to work hard, have fun, and make history. Our goal is to build the largest high-tech lawn service on the planet.
- You can catch a glimpse of the Lawn Love life in a Snappr profile (https://www.snappr.co/startup-snapshot/lawn-love)
== The benefits ==
- Unmetered vacation, full health coverage, weekly catered lunches, snacks
- A relaxed working environment, with real work/life balance--this is a ~45 hour a week role
- Significant equity. When we say you’ll be an “owner,” we mean that not just in the metaphorical sense.
== Our requirements ==
- You have at least a few years of real-world experience building and maintaining software
- You aren’t afraid of SQL queries
- You value results over perfection!
- You tolerate a good #dadjoke
- You live in (or want to move to!) beautiful San Diego. We value in-person collaboration and do not offer remote work.
- You are legally able to work in the US. (Sorry, we're not able to sponsor visas right now.)
Come make history with us.
As a home owner: It’s difficult to find a skilled lawn service. It often takes multiple phone calls, days of waiting, and an in-person appointment just to get a quote for your yard.
As a lawn professional: Finding new customers can be challenging, and most lack modern field service software to help streamline their businesses.
We are a marketplace that pairs skilled, experienced lawn pros with home owners, while also helping pros better leverage technology in their business.