Later is possibly the fastest growing startup in Vancouver. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world, celebrities, agencies and have 100,000s of people using our product.
Later's founders are experienced startup veterans with a long history of designing, building, and marketing extremely engaging and highly-used products. We're attracting the smartest people to join us as we become the leader in visual content marketing.
At Later we believe in the power of Images. Images to communicate quickly, Images to connect disparate people, and Images as the best way to convey personal meaning. We also believe software should be so easy to use - you shouldn’t need a manual or a sales demo. We build that software. At Later we are becoming the leading platform for managing visual social-media content.
What we’re looking for:
Later is used by thousands of people and brands everyday to make visual content marketing a breeze. We are looking for UI Designers to join our mission to create the most thoughtful product for our users.
The design team at Later is looking for experienced individuals to help build a thoughtful and lovable product. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has had experience with architecting intricate user-facing design systems, and wants to continue to grow as a designer with a highly motivated and fast paced team.
What we value:
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
- A natural tendency to take initiative, achieve results and generally #GSD.
- A desire to constantly stay organized and create efficiency using technology, bringing order to chaos and uncertainty.
- Teamwork is your middle name. You want to brainstorm with the best of them and are continually looking for ways to do it better.
- A humbleness to recognize that sometimes you’ll need to apologize and admit mistakes (we’re all human after all!)
- Understand and work well in startup culture - be able and willing to take on all sorts of tasks and responsibilities.
We list our values and beliefs first because they are non-negotiable; if you're still reading then check out some of the responsibilities you will own.
- Create and maintain UI design systems across Later's Web and Mobile apps
- Interface with our UX team and Product team to turn wireframes, flows, and product requirements into intuitive, and easy-to-use UI.
- Participate in User Testing process, and respond to data gathered from this process
Qualifications & Technical Skills:
- BA/MA in Design, Interactive Design, or similar - or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience designing both Web and Mobile User Interfaces and Interactions
- Previous experience building and optimizing UI libraries and frameworks that are future-proof and scalable
- Bonus: Solid knowledge of implementing UI designs in HTML/CSS.
- Bonus: Experience in conducting user testing and an understanding of HCI psychology and science
- Entrepreneurial by nature, you excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are a given
- The tech startup industry is where you want to be. You thrive on the cutting edge and get excited to learn more, push boundaries and innovate every day.
What we need from you:
If you think this role might be the next step in your career, we’d love to hear from you. A resume is good, but we want to see your work so please include links to your portfolio and projects and be sure to tell us why this role is for you.
Why choose Later:
Located in Gastown, the startup hub of Vancouver, the Later team enjoys large, airy, open plan offices in a heritage building close to the SeaBus/Skytrain terminal. We don’t want tools to stand in your way, so we offer an allowance to ensure you have exactly what you need for your role. We are pleased to offer all our employees a competitive salary, a chance to participate in the success of the company through equity, medical and dental benefits and a wellness program.
Later is the place to aggregate and schedule images and video across all visual media channels.
Winners of the Summer 2014 Launch Academy Pitch Day.
Top 15 Startup in Canada named by Metabridge