Komand provides a great environment for passionate developers to flourish and grow. Your software will be used by Fortune 100 companies with some of the toughest cybersecurity challenges around.
We’re looking for a senior software engineer and hands-on engineering leader who fits an entrepreneurial mold, who's self-motivated and curious, and wants to make an impact in a fast growing startup. You’ll lead major feature development projects from concept through implementation to delivery. You'll be a go-to resource for your co-workers and will provide technical leadership to equally motivated developers. You'll be expected to solve tough problems across the Komand Platform including both front-end and back-end components. We’re looking for a strong, well-rounded engineer with leadership experience who enjoys delivering quality code quickly and working as part of a smart, fast-paced development team.
Our stack is based on modern, open-source software including Docker, Go, and React-JS. Knowledge of those systems is helpful, but a great attitude and an open mind is even more essential!
- 6+ years software engineering experience including both front-end and back-end.
- 2+ years as a technical team lead (personnel management is a plus)
- 3+ years Agile development experience (including scrum, code reviews, test-driven development, continuous integration)
- 2+ years back-end development experience
- A fearless, can-do attitude - you’ll be involved in software development decisions from conception to design to shipping in production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You write tests and documentation before calling your code complete.
- You enjoy working as part of a fast-paced, collaborative team
- Demonstrated ability to thoughtfully evaluate & choose technologies in designing features and communicate the pros/cons to your peers.
- Experience writing Go software or a demonstrated ability to learn languages quickly
- SQL coding experience
- Linux familiarity
- Nice to Have: Docker, Message queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc)
- Own and participate in product and engineering design and decisions in a small, nimble team.
- Learn new technologies such as Docker and incorporate them into a world-class product.
- Be visible - see and brag about your work, contribute back to the open source community, blog and give talks about the novel techniques you are using to solve important problems (e.g., you aren't building yet another ad platform).
- See customers delighted by the features you deliver in a quick feedback loop, and know you are making a difference helping organizations defend against the serious problem of cyber attacks.
- Evolve as a technical leader as you play a significant role in the Komand success story.
Komand tackles cybersecurity problems in a modern and unique way - via a visual automation and orchestration platform. With Komand, analysts build automated workflows using an easy web UI. Our plugin-based architecture connects to hundreds of popular security tools. Vendors and customers can build their own custom plugins and workflows and share them with others via our "Komunity" marketplace. Think of us as the "IFTTT of cybersecurity".
Komand's managers, investors, and tech team has deep expertise in cybersecurity, cutting-edge UI development and high-volume, scalable infrastructure. We’ve got what it takes to win!
- We enjoy food including regular cooking/baking competitions to keep things fun and lighthearted in the office.
- We are animal lovers. Check out #petsofkomand for more.
- We lead by example and trust in each other.
- We love what we do and believe in our vision.
Komand is a security orchestration and automation platform that gives security teams the power to quickly automate and optimize security operations, with no need for code. Teams can connect their tools, build workflows, and utilize human decisions to accelerate incident response and move security forward, faster.