About the Role
Our tech team is made up of creative problem solvers who think differently and believe in the impossible. The team is actively trying to change financial services in Canada, and we’re looking for sharp and interesting people to join us.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Toronto. If you’re a creative problem solver who looks at the big picture and follows an idea from start to finish, then we’d love to hear from you. Our ideal candidate can toggle between dev, dev-ops, and database like a boss. He or she brings experience and curiosity to every problem.
We’re changing the way Canadians think and feel about their money, and we want a creative software engineer to help us realize that vision. We value potential as much as we value experience, so if you think you’d be a great fit we want to hear from you.
• Ability to work with a small, tight-knit team of expert software engineers
• 5 years experience or more
• Ability to work independently on a specific branch or task while
communicating with the rest of the team to see the larger picture
• Bring great ideas to the design room; understand the business and product
concepts and turn these into amazing system concepts that will endure the
test of time
• You are a technology polyglot and learn new languages and frameworks
in a snap
• Front end as well as back end experience
• Understanding of native Android as well as iOS development approaches
with Java and Swift or Objective-C
• Experience with managing software engineering roadmaps as well as
• Experience with modern dev ops concepts and approaches, ability to
manage code version control, and a knack for communicating effectively as
part of a team that builds often and integrated
• Understanding of event-driven application architecture
• Experience with AWS ECS and Cloud Formation
• Experience with docker containers for both development and full lifecycle
• Specific exposure to Golang and Node.js
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team:
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective.
Just some of the reasons to apply:
• Solve an important problem with an exceptional team
• Growth-minded company, including access to a personal coach
• Get equity in a company you believe in
• Full health and dental coverage
• "Powder days" to give you the flexibility you need
• Dog friendly office!
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
*The KOHO Visa Prepaid card is issued by Peoples Trust Company pursuant to license by Visa Int.
We're building the ultimate savings tool to help Canadians from Nunavut to Pelee Island restore financial balance. With a no-fee reloadable Visa card and integrated app, KOHO provides real-time spending insights, automated goals, and more to help people get great at saving.