***Submit your resume at https://knock.breezy.hr/p/eb20f565c9df-front-end-engineer-remote-us-based/apply
Our homes are our most valuable asset and also the most difficult to buy and sell. Knock is on a mission to make home buying and selling simple and certain. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (NYSE: TRLA, acquired by Zillow for $3.5B), Knock is an online home trade-in platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way. We share the same top-tier investors as iconic brands like Netflix, Tivo, Match, HomeAway, and Houzz.
We are seeking a passionate Front End Engineer to help us build both our customer-facing and internal applications using web technologies. You must be a developer with a sense of good design and UX. We are looking for someone with strong views who is passionate about creating great products.
- Design, build and maintain compelling experiences and features to power Knock’s internal and customer-facing web products with React and Nodejs.
- Collaborate with design & product teams on new interfaces and interactions.
- Implement product features, releases, and fixes.
- Committed to good engineering practice of testing, logging, alerting and deployment processes.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of full lifecycle software development experience including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success. Comfortable learning new technologies and tools.
- Expert in React.js. Experience with various app architectures especially Redux.
- Experience with Nodejs (Hapi.js).
- Knowledge of inner workings modern web browser - history, pop/push-state, localStorage, etc
- Best web practices and performance tuning.
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- React Native.
- AWS ecosystem such as Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, and CloudWatch.
- Docker ecosystem and container orchestration systems such as ECS or Kubernetes.
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time and are open to where you live and work.
- We have offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh and Dallas with more on the way, but we are also a distributed company with employees in 13 different states so we are open to any US location for this role.
Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Knock are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
Knock is an online marketplace offering a radical new way to sell a home quickly without risk, stress and uncertainty. Homes are our largest purchase and most valuable asset, but they are also the most difficult to buy and sell. homes are rock solid with our 200-point home-inspection, certification and extended warranty. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (acquired by Zillow for $3.5B), Knock uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them online quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way.