Lead globally distributed teams to achieve better Quality in multiple products. Contributed to the Development and Automation for products to achieve Stability, Fault tolerance...more and Manageability.
Identify, predict and report emergencies across the campus
Backend Development, Perl, Perl Cgi, Google Maps Api · An intelligent application custom built for the emergency operations center at University of… · More Houston to identify, alert, predict or report emergencies across the campus.
1. Build the backend infrastructure to collect analytics and alerts form various enterprise systems and publish them to a publish/subscribe database(IF-MAP) 2. Deploy the above application on multiple Raspberry PI nodes that sit at different locations on campus to collect and publish data to the database 3. Build UI based on google maps api that is subscribed for alerts and shows pop ups at locations with emergency alerts
Modify the network based on the people accessing it
Open Flow, Open Vswitch, Perl · 1. Built php based web UI that lets users login and access the files 2. Built the backend application that modifies… · More the flow rules in the network to match the policies defined.
Web application to handle file requests from different user groups with an OpenFlow controller application running in the background to switch between network paths based on the user group.
Automatically recover network from changes/mobility
Mininet, Python, Ryu Controller · A mechanism to automatically modify or repair the policies in case of network changes or user… · More mobility.
Middle box technologies like firewalls, network policy servers, authentication servers etc.., control the activity of the devices connected to the network using the policies but are often home for a huge number policies that complicate the network setup and make policy management a herculean task. This is a novel approach to automate the process of network policy management for mobility in a Software Defined Network. Using this approach, we can implement a solution that can dynamically carry the policies across the network as a host or device moves from one place to another in a network, without any action from the network administrator. Also, with the help of this implementation, we can automate the process of policy repair in the case of network changes or errors.
Perl, Open Flow · A DNS based Firewall application on top of a Controller which makes Network Managers job easier by defining centralized policies that… · More could be distributed over multiple networks. Using this application a Network manager can block access to particular websites using DNS queries and also can provide access to a blocked website, if required. This application can be implemented over a Single Network or Multiple Networks.
Python, Rest Api, Cassandra · Collection of API blocks written in python to help speedup automation
Currently supports: 1.… · More Cassandra 2. SSH and SFTP 3. Logging 4. Open vSwitch 5. OpenStack(Compute, Identity, Image, Networking 6. Tools a. random_string - Random string generation with combination of lower and upper case alphabets, digits, special characters and white space b. random_ip - random IP address object generation with CIDR bit and subnet address generation
Python/Django, Python, RESTful API · A simple web application to exchange builds/binaries/files between different teams involved in the software development process.
What I Do
What I do:
1. I build automation into products
2. I build distributed systems that monitor systems/processes and be the first entities to react to recover from issues and for major events alert the corresponding people/teams
1. Built an automation framework from scratch.
2. Built out the QA team from 2 people to a 15 person team spread across the globe
3. Built out a release management platform that is tightly coupled with the test automation process (Similar to CI)