Welcome to Kickback.
We are looking for a designer to help us create beautiful content, assets, and advertisements. We focus heavily on branding and believe design is critical to a good user experience. We want somebody that is ready to own their designs, improve the brand and has the technical ability to create at the highest professional level.
What you'll do:
- Establish consistent standards and visuals for the brand
- Design brand assets, stickers, illustrations, motion designs
- Create illustrations for marketing and social channels
- Work with copywriters and design team to create content pages in the product
- Work with marketing to create display ads for Google, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat
- Design 2D & 3D motion content for Instagram & Snapchat stories
- Vector illustration skills
- Knowledge of typography, composition, color
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- Motion design
- 3D modeling
- A portfolio showcasing recent work
What you need to be like:
- Independent, proactive, quick to act with minimal supervision
- Ability to take design concepts with minimal oversight and iterate
- Versed in the Twitch/Youtube landscape. Have the ability to watch a - Youtubers content, understand who they are and create relevant designs around their brand
- Have a go-getter attitude. There will be things that you might not know how to do, having the ability to learn a new skill on your own is a must.
*Requirement: please submit your Portfolio or Reel when applying!
Kickback builds products for the esports industry.
We started out in 2014 building a way for the average player of Minecraft or Counter Strike to play it against other, equally skilled players for prizes.
We’ve grown since then into building brands on the internet that let users play in video games, esports, traditional games (with a twist) and more. We believe that lies in building transparent, engaging game modes that everyone in the community can play, while providing the best support and maximizing fairness for all our players.
Since being founded in December 2014 we’ve built some of the largest gaming products on the internet. Millions of players have won across our products. We’re funded by Y Combinator.