Kickback lets anyone play video games for money.
The new generation grew up playing video games, and we’re giving them a safe, fun and engaging place to do that.
As an engineer at Kickback, you're building the infrastructure & experience powering the future of gambling.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Develop matchmaking algorithms / AI to guarantee users get matched with equally skilled opponents
- Directly contribute to growing key business metrics (revenue, games, users) and user experience (60% of user time is spent in game) through the algorithms you develop
- Develop anti-cheat algorithms and adaptive AI to detect and instantly ban hackers in any game we support
- Analyze user data to identify and flag fraudulent behavior
- Enhance the infrastructure to process data, train models and deliver predictions
- Independent, proactive, quick to act with minimal supervision
- Well versed in Python, SQL and the Pydata stack (Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-Learn)
- Previous experience designing and training deep neural networks (RNNs, CNNs)
- Previous experience with artificial intelligence and bot design
- Keras & Tensorflow
- Image classification
- Time series analysis
- Reinforcement Learning
- Game theory
Apply here: https://kickback.com/careers
Since being founded in December 2014 we've built some of the largest esports gaming products for desktop games on the internet. We're funded by some of the best in gaming, including Mark Pincus (Zynga), Justin Kan (Twitch), and Y Combinator.
Our team has a strong focus on operating efficiently and automating everything that could help us move faster. We rely heavily on continuous deployment and constantly ship small, incremental changes. From the beginning we were built by a remote-friendly team; half of our current team works remotely.