At Keywee, we make stories relevant and powerful for the world’s best storytellers — like The New York Times, The BBC, National Geographic, Forbes, and Red Bull.
Today, people aren’t coming to websites to search for content — stories find their audiences in feeds and apps. The upshot? Distribution is now the key to effective storytelling.
Keywee’s platform unlocks audience insights using AI and data science, and infuses them into every step of the storytelling process: from topic selection, to story creation, to distribution and optimization.
Keywee is backed by leading investors such as Google’s Eric Schmidt and The New York Times, and has been a fast-growing, profitable startup since its inception.
We're looking for talented marketers to come in at the ground level and help us take our marketing activities to the next level. You will be joining a small team that moves fast, and you'll own a substantial portion of our marketing programs. You'll have the freedom -- and budget -- to plan, experiment, and execute various marketing activities. You will play a significant role shaping the team's future, and you'll have the opportunity to learn and grow with the team and the company.
Main job responsibilities (Or how you might spend your time on a typical day)
- Own marketing channel / activities end-to-end: You'll be the owner of one (or few) of the marketing channels our team uses to engage prospects and start sales conversations, like webinars, conferences, or online advertising. That means that you'll be planning, executing and tracking campaigns in the channel, collaborating closely with other Keywee teams like sales and customer success. You'll craft the strategy for the channel, execute the campaigns, and analyze and optimize the channel using tools like Wordpress, Go2Webinar, Salesforce, Marketo, and Excel.
- Powerful content is our passion and mission, so be prepared -- and excited -- to spend a good chunk of your time reading n’ writing. No matter which channel you’ll own, you’ll be ideating, strategizing, creating, and measuring the success of relevant and powerful stories.
- Creating sales opportunities: Overall, we are looking for marketers who can help us initiate sales conversations with content marketers around the world, create material that helps during the sales process, and promote the Keywee brand. Your success will mainly be measured on the number of successful sales conversations you contribute to starting.
Qualifications (or what we're looking for)
- Publishing / digital marketing / B2B marketing experience (and burning passion): You have worked in content marketing or digital publishing in the past, and you love the space. When you hear Extra Crispy, you think bacon -- and Time magazine. Your morning commute is spent catching up on Digiday and Adweek. Ideally, you also have prior B2B software marketing experience.
- Communication: You’re a wizard of words - both written and said. You probably think this job post is too long, and have a few suggestions on how to trim it down. You know how to explain complex concepts in clear, pithy prose, you’re a fast writer, and you cannot wait to write a byline for AdAge about how Facebook native videos will change the way publishers monetize their content.
- Organization and detail-obsessiveness: You hate the thought of anything slipping through the cracks. Spreadsheets and words such as “thorough” are your comfort food. Your desk is always organized, and you practice Inbox Zero religiously. You’re ok with making mistakes because that’s how we learn, but you won’t be making the same one twice -- thanks to your newly created checklist.
- Ambitious, resourceful and gets stuff done, fast: You’ve always taken on more than the official job description. You have a way of making things happen even if it seems impossible - like pulling off a home-cooked dinner party for 30 people with 45 different dietary restrictions at your place at a week's notice - while making it all seem easy. You’re comfortable with moving fast, making decisions with imperfect data, and learning on your own. When people ask “How did you…” you often think “it’s just common sense.”
- Analytical and tech savvy: You're not necessarily a coder (though that'd be pretty awesome), but you do have experience in Wordpress, HTML, CSS, and image editing tools like Photoshop. Your favorite Excel functions are vlookup, pivot tables, and index match, and you’re enamored with the concept of data journalism.
Keywee is out to change the world of content marketing by offering publishers and marketers a new approach to content creation, distribution and performance measurement. Our platform employs advanced text-mining technology and a vast database of historical content performance to help publishers, retailers and brands find the audiences most likely to meet specific business goals for their content.
We are backed by leading investors including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors and Marker LLC, as well as The New York Times Company. We are headquartered in Manhattan and Tel Aviv (with pretty good views in both locations), and fortunate to work with hundreds of iconic brands and digital natives like The New York Times, The BBC, Conde Nast, AOL, and Forbes.
Keywee is growing fast, and we're looking for smart, ambitious people to come in at the ground level. You will be joining a small team that moves fast, and you'll play a significant role shaping the company's future.