• Retained on contract to design, develop, and build front-end for “smart” pallet tracking system using PHP, Yii2/Bootstrap, Memached and PostgreSQL on Rackspace servers;...more Python, Django and Docker on AWS; source control with Git/Bitbucket, and PHP and Python continuous integration setup using Jenkins. • Wrote shell scripts, designed caching strategy, generated documentation, and conducted client interviews and demonstrations as required.
• Drove development, QA, and release processes for new technology; benchmarked project management processes and SDLC. • Supervised Technical Writer and served as Architecture...more group lead for technical work in LAMP environment with PHP/MySQL/Apache on CentOS; Moddle configuration. • Continuous Integration (Git and Jenkins), introduced Kanban agile methodology., PHP, Perl and shell scripting., erformance monitoring (Cacti and SNMP). Designed failover environment. • PDF rendering increased 10X.
• LAMP environment with PHP/MySQL/Apache on Red Hat Linux using Scrum-Agile process; used Git and Svn. • Conducted developer training sessions, and set-up and managed...more unit tests and continuous integration. • Oversaw regular code inspections, architecture meetings, and scalability and security reviews. • Designed message queuing (RabbitMQ) and cache layers for Amazon EC2 cloud and mobile app services. • Documented architectures, and provided PHP, Perl and shell scripting as required.
IT Senior Specialist / System Administrator, Architecture Group
2007 - 2009 (about 2 years)
• Played key role in developing and improving applications and systems for innovative company with 600+ servers • Founded architecture team, mentored staff, chaired meetings,...more set standards, and conducted post-mortem investiagations. • Improved and managed game designs, server synchronization, database, system monitoring, performance analysis, software development, load testing, night run scripts, and system configurations. • Designed technology for 200,000 concurrent users / 16M accounts
- Re-designed account creation script handling 1.6M new accounts on Christmas morning 2008 for Webkinz.com; designed technology for 200,000 concurrent website users.
- Authored book, "Linux Shell Scripting with Bash," published by MacMillan/Pearson, 2004.