Houseparty’s mission is to connect people in the most human way possible when they are physically apart. We empower people to have more frequent conversations with the people they care about most, meet new friends, and have fun together.
Houseparty connects people in the most human way possible when physically apart.
We are passionate about communication. As technology evolves, it is increasingly possible to enjoy meaningful social experiences - beyond a feed - with friends and family, regardless of physical distance.
Social interactions are incredibly diverse in nature, and we’re building a virtual space that works for all of them. By doing so, we empower people to have more frequent conversations with those they care about, build meaningful relationships, and have fun together.
Developer Productivity at Houseparty
At Houseparty, we provide a group video chat application built around presence. We care deeply about ensuring a seamless, top quality multimedia experience for every one of our users.
We also provide a fundamentally new type of product, and are vigorously experimental in turning our application into the best possible version of itself.
As a developer productivity engineer at Houseparty, you can expect to increase the speed and efficiency of our engineering organization. You will manage a variety of projects related to tooling, automation, build engineering, continuous integration and deployment, task management, various scripting projects, and much more.
Here are some things we look for:
* A passion for infrastructure, automation, reliability, debugging, and building something meaningful
* Excellent analytical skills and an ability to move up and down the stack
* Familiarity with algorithms and Big O notation
* A solid understanding of Linux
* Basic sysadmin skills (install a host, upgrade a box, format a disc, etc)
* Familiarity with Docker
* Comfort with a few scripting and programming languages (Bash, Go, Python, Scala, etc)
* Experience with common CI/CD tools (we use Jenkins)
* Knowledge of configuration management systems/config-as-code (we use Terraform)
* A data-conscious, iterative approach to debugging, problem-solving, and development in general
What to include with your application:
* Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
* A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
While this list is not exhaustive, we also don't require in-depth experience with everything mentioned. For this role, we are primarily looking for someone extremely detail-oriented who cares about efficiency.
Houseparty is a product for everyone, and we are proud to reflect that internally. We value an inclusive workplace, where people enjoy helping one another grow and accomplish goals.
From project management to team structure, we are cross-functional by design. Members of the Infrastructure team frequently collaborate with the Design team on UX concepts, contribute ideas to the product roadmap, and develop testable theories about user behaviors and interests. We believe that these practices promote transparency and well-roundedness.
If our passion for crafting a better way to share time resonates with you, then we would love to review your application.
Group video chat that allows you to be together when you're not together!