Houseparty connects people in the most human way possible when physically apart.
We are passionate about communication. As technology evolves, it is increasingly possible to enjoy meaningful social experiences - beyond a feed - with friends and family, regardless of physical distance.
Social interactions are incredibly diverse in nature, and we’re building a virtual space that works for all of them. By doing so, we empower people to have more frequent conversations with those they care about, build meaningful relationships, and have fun together.
As Houseparty's resident analytics expert, you use data to understand our users. Whether it's the efficacy of a new feature or unexpected growth trends in some particular region, we turn to you to understand why. You drive product and business roadmaps by creatively synthesizing information into a meaningful story.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will use data to inform our product roadmap and business decisions
- You will play a meaningful role in determining the right questions to ask
- You'll find concrete answers to vague questions
- You will pose questions about our product (from UI down to infrastructure) and validate hypotheses with evidence
- You will make and implement decisions about how data should be organized
- You will identify product opportunities by analyzing user behavior
- You'll build automated dashboards to drive data awareness throughout the company
- Have experience with languages used for querying (like SQL)
- Have experience with languages used for statistical analysis (like Python, R, etc)
- Have used large data sets to build products and inform business decisions
- Have worked creatively with ambiguous data sets
- Have experience with social and/or communications applications
- Have a strong quantitative background (CS, math, econ, physics, etc)
- Have a demonstrable history of taking initiative
- Take a creative approach to problem-solving
- Thrive given the autonomy to design and build greenfield business-critical systems
Houseparty is a product for everyone, and we are proud to reflect that internally. We value an inclusive workplace, where people enjoy helping one another grow and accomplish goals.
If our passion for crafting a better way to share time resonates with you, then we would love to review your application.
Group video chat that allows you to be together when you're not together!