Founder, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chairman of the Board
2009 - 2016 (over 7 years)
Led all company strategy and operations through sale to Argyle Executive Forums.
• Led company, product strategy, and all operations of >$10 million dollar technology...more and services company. • Responsible for 3 rounds of fundraising and two rounds of debt. • Led successful sale of company to Argyle Executive Forums.
Led Finance in a venture-backed Video-On-Demand (VOD) company, successfully sold to Wal~Mart for >$100M.
• Led finance and accounting groups. Established robust...more controls and automated systems, cleaned up accounting history and passed a 3-year Deloitte audit with no material weaknesses. • Led the raising of $46M in VC/PE financing. Secured >$10M venture debt. • Provided key analysis and input on major business restructuring and cash burn reduction >$10M/year.
Led Finance and Administration in a venture-backed software company developing sales and marketing applications for Global 500 Financial Services companies. Sold to ACL (Canada)...more December 2004. • Established corporate entities and operations in Hong Kong and the United Kingdom. • Led $18.5M equity round and raised $3.5M in a combination of A/R and working capital debt financing. Also managed creation of over $6M in bridge funding. • Managed staff of up to 120.
Ran significant portion of finance org of the multi-billion-dollar Pyxis division of Cardinal Health (NYSE: CAH) after they bought my prior company, Atlantes Services, Inc.....more
• Led FP&A and internal reporting for multi-billion dollar product division of top-20 company in U.S.. • Managed direct staff 8, extended staff of >100. • Left ~1 year in as they wanted to move me to San Diego while my wife owned businesses in San Francisco.
Co-founder, Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Chief Operating Officer, and Board Member
1999 - 2002 (almost 3 years)
Led funding, Finance, and Operations for a venture-backed company developing Remote Inventory Management systems. Led strategy and execution in all Finance and Operations...more domains. Sold to Cardinal Health (NYSE: CAH).
• Managed and passed annual audits by PwC. • Closed on $8.25M in outside investor capital with >20 entities in a variety of structures.
Manager, Financial Business Operations
1997 - 1999 (over 2 years)
Managed team of 11 to support budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis & reporting and other financial needs of the >$1B desktop switching business. Managed team...more to support Global Supply Management organization with billions in annual spend.
• Directly “Owned” many accounts on Cisco’s balance sheet requiring highest level of accounting knowledge. • Negotiated Cost Per Unit cost model w/ CMs covering $B’s/yr in mfg spending, saving millions/yr in costs.
Financial Analysis, Strategic and Operational Planning, M&A Analysis and Integration, and Management Reporting for UOP, a $1B Joint Venture, and the $1B Specialty Chemicals...more division within AlliedSignal.
Founder and/or exec at 5 startups (one sold to Cardinal Health, another to Wal Mart, and a third to Argyle Executive Forums). Four-time CFO, twice CEO, multiple non-profit boards, currently CEO of Illumeo, the enterprise learning platform for audit, accounting and corporate finance professionals.
Brought my first company, Atlantes, through the dot-com crash and sold it to Cardinal Health.
At VUDU I led the raise (along with our CEO) of $58M in just over two months from first call to $ in the bank. Set up all company operations for massive scaling. Allowed for the eventual successful sale to Wal-Mart.
Co-founded Proformative on a vision of how to make life better for the >5 million finance/acct'g professionals in the U.S. Bootstrapped into great revenue, raised angel funds from one of the leading angel investors in the country, and got to profitability, where we sold it to Argyle Executive Forums.
Founded Illumeo, an online learning platform, in 2016. Illumeo has quickly become the leading training platform for corporate finance, accounting and related professionals with many global 200 clients.