Our mission is to help millions of families increase their savings rates and achieve financial security, by applying cutting-edge automated money management, behavioral finance insights and machine learning, while engaging users via an innovative chat-like interface.
We are seeking a Full-Stack Software Developer with experience in back-end and front-end software development, including work building and consuming APIs. In the role, you will be creating the engine that powers our automated money management platform and shapes a flawless, engaging experience for our mobile application users.
You will be developing, testing and maintaining some of our most important and ambitious features, and you should have a proven track record of delivering well-engineered and tested software at scale. You should also be ready to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly skilled in Ruby/Rails and potentially other widely-used agile development frameworks
- Experience building well-documented APIs
- Experience integrating applications with third-party APIs
- A proven track record of developing, testing, shipping and maintaining high-quality software at scale
- Comfort writing back-end code for mobile applications
- A professional, positive attitude and entrepreneurial drive
- Proven teamwork and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated passion for financial technology
- A strong desire to learn and constantly improve
- The ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Highly competitive salary and bonus
- RSUs / Stock options
- World class medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Top tier retirement/401K Plan
- Life & Disability Coverage
- Commuter Benefits Programs
- Lifestyle Benefits Programs (including gym subscription and tuition reimbursements)
Our mission is to help families increase their savings rates and achieve financial security – via innovations in robo advisory, machine learning, and chat.
This is an exciting time for us, as we have completed a fully functional MVP, and have now released a private beta while working with a world-class digital design firm to refine key features before a public launch this year. Our work involves complex integrations with leading aggregation and clearing providers to enable real-time money movement, portfolio management and intelligent financial guidance.
Our division was born as a result of the acquisition by John Hancock of a tech startup called Guide Financial in 2015. We operate as an independent San Francisco-based startup group. We combine the fast pace, rapid iterations, camaraderie and fun of an early stage startup with the backing and financial resources of a Fortune 500 company with 150+ years of history and millions of customers.