In 2013, we set out to rethink consumer products through the lens of machine learning. Today, we have 100m+ consumers using our products that all sit on top of our machine learning platform. We continue to apply machine learning to rethink consumer product development while solving mission-critical problems for companies, non-profits and governments.
Our backend is written in Node.Js, and we use MySQL, Redis, and Cassandra. Our iOS and Android apps are built natively.
We are a hard-working team motivated by the ever-increasing opportunity to change how the financial industry works. We are located in Mountain View and spend most of our (catered) lunch talking about what we just watched on the big or small screen, our favorite Dota 2 heroes, where to go surfing, or what coffee to make that afternoon.
How we'll bribe you
Standard medical, dental, & vision coverage
Catered meals 8 times a week – 5 lunches, 2 dinners, and Friday breakfast!
A generous smattering of team activities and swanky meals around the Bay Area
Snacks and freshly brewed coffee on the regular
Flexible vacation and time off
We are working on a varied set of tools to accommodate the entire investment workflow. Features to work on include forms to do away with long legal documents, analytics to measure engagement, a recommendation engine to find matching preferences, e-signatures, document sharing, and more. We are always trying out new technology and patterns to work efficiently in pulling together all of these tools into an integrated experience.
In the next 5-10 years, every data driven business will have strategic AI sitting at the core of it. An intelligent brain taking in billions of behavioral inputs, making predictions about the future of every customer, and ultimately prescribing unique solutions for each individual to maximize their value and loyalty with the brand. Vidora is already sitting at the core of numerous Fortune 500 companies and plans to help every business take advantage of the AI revolution.
Our mission is to build the most advanced AI systems to help Fortune 1000 companies maximize the value of every customer. Currently, Vidora helps commerce, subscription, and media companies reduce user churn using AI and Machine Learning. Vidora works with some of the largest global organizations like Yahoo! Japan, Walmart, and News Corp, collecting billions of behavioral events across global users. Some of the Machine Learning techniques Vidora uses include probabilistic models deployed using Spark, Scala, and Python. All of Vidora's AI and Machine Learning infrastructure was built in house and is actively being deployed at scale.
Working here means using cutting edge virtual reality gear to build the foundational elements of the next great platform. If this sounds like a dream job to you (like it did to us), apply now and let’s build it together.
In the process of bringing the web into VR, we use a number of different web and gaming technologies. Here are some of our favorites:
For building our VR client: Unity3D, C#, Maya
The Team -- Work with an exceptional team of entrepreneurs with a proven track record of scaling and building businesses
The Opportunity -- We are disrupting one of the biggest challenges in enteprise IT -- how to unlock the vast knowledge trapped in repositories and make it actionable. This is a $20B market and Docurated is positioned to be one of the leading franchises in this space.
Traction -- We are growing at incredible rates -- 10x growth in revenue in the past 4 months and working with some of the world's leading companies and brands including Clorox, Netflix, WPP, Interpublic, Cox, and many others
Big Problems -- We are solving some of the biggest technical/data problems around document processing, metadata extraction, and collaborative filtering.
We have seen 10x growth in run-rate over the last 5 months
Our secret sauce is our proprietary processing engine which atomizes documents into standard normalized elements and then extracts enormous quantities of metadata that is used to determine relevance. This metadata feeds into our collaborative filtering algorithm to provide users with the most accurate and relevant search results.
At Accompany, we are building a virtual chief of staff that helps busy professionals always make a great impression and be briefed for all of their important meetings with the click of a button. We integrate with a user’s email, contacts, and calendars, and we scour millions of publicly available sources to provide detailed briefings on meeting participants, real-time news alerts about contacts and companies, and comprehensive company profiles.
Everyone here at Accompany is essential. We’re a small yet mighty group of high-achieving engineers, product gurus, customer champions and world-class designers—all working together to build a better way to connect. Our office is a whirlwind of brainstorms, collaboration, and just plain execution, fueled by some of the best food and drinks the Bay has to offer.
We care about building a team of high-performers, covering each other’s backs, constantly learning, and delighting our customers by solving hard problems.
- We want our teammates to succeed and we go out of our way to help them.
- We want our teammates to feel valued and engaged.
- We celebrate the victories, big and small.
- We love working with committed, dedicated, extremely talented people.
- We care about advancing the team with every hire.
- We care about agility and constant improvement.
- We care about autonomy.
- We want to make something we’re proud of.
Solving Hard Problems
- We thrive in solving complicated problems with software.
- We enjoy automating awful manual work for others.
- We care about building a reputation for technical excellence.
Delighting our Customers
- We work to uncover our customers’ pains, and then delight them with our solutions.
- Being a flat, streamlined team allows us to jump on projects and get them done very quickly.
- We’re motivated to clean messy data (seriously).
- We strive for financial independence, by building a product that our customers want to pay for.
DataFox provides machine-learned business insights to analysts across investing, sales, and marketing.
We've built one of the world’s largest information sets on tech companies by structuring data from four types of sources:
- Publicly available APIs
- Natural Language Processing
- User-generated content
We constantly endeavor to bring automation to tasks that are otherwise painful and manual. Algorithms we've built include:
- "Related Companies" - automatically cluster companies into sectors and infer who a they compete with.
- "Automated Entity Matching" - automated the process of matching clients’ lists of companies to entities in our data set.
- "Event Detection" - delivers real-time alerts to users about the companies that they are tracking.
- "Scoring" - identify the best or most suitable companies in any sector, location, or stage.
Core to our existence is the drive solve complicated problems with software and automate awful manual work for our customers.
We're a fun group working on turning a very unsexy product - calendar - into a delightful experience. Our team is small but eclectic - representing many parts of the world and many, many interests.
As a startup, we've crossed the hump of finding product-market fit and are now in the exciting phase of scaling the business. Our "Add to Calendar" button has now been used by 2M+ users to download 100M+ events to their personal calendars over the past 8 months.
You'd find us to be a fun group to work with if you are:
1) Pathologically driven by good design
2) Genuinely curious about scaling problems
3) Strong enough to push your opinions when it matters (and when you are correct)
In other words, we put a lot of heart into what we do and are looking to find other people who feel the same.
Couple neat things we built out internally:
- Architecture is highly modular built up with many Node servers - we made it very easy to keep components separate while sharing code between servers, and sharing code between client & server. All the servers talk to each other through redis - load balanced via nginx.
- Built and open-sourced a package: Universal Parcel Service for Asset Building UPS (https://github.com/joinspoton/ups) which ensures that we can deploy without ever having any down-time - takes advantage of staggered deployment & pre-compilation.
Interruption, irrelevance and waste - that's what came to our minds when we thought of 'online advertising.' Sharethrough is changing the way that great websites make money, making advertising a whole lot better in the process. Goodbye banners and punch-the-monkey ads.
We pride ourselves on rapidly and responsibly shipping new technology into production. Optimizing latency for real-time decisioning with Scala, 3rd-party CoffeeScript deployed on some of the most trafficked sites on the Internet and streaming 100GB/day with Spark are just a few of the things you’ll work on here at Sharethrough. Read more about our engineering team, values, and tech here engineering.sharethrough.com
Coursera is an education platform that partners with top universities and organizations worldwide, to offer courses online for anyone to take.
We embrace learning-at-scale: our platform features massive courses with hundreds of thousands of learners, automated and crowd-sourced grading, and advanced identity verification. We use a variety of technologies in our platform, such as Play (Scala), Django (Python), MySQL, Cassandra, Lucene, and more.