At JCC Bowers, we are going to reshape the entire global transportation industry by delivering the world’s most advanced Level 5 vehicle autonomy technology. Our commitment is to deliver a safe, clean, connected, intelligent, and autonomous, future.
Summary of essential skills and background
• Act as the core architect for systems and infrastructure.
• Manage the development of the systems and infrastructure from concept ideation to implementation by working with cross functional teams throughout the project.
Product and Operations Director
Main Purpose of Role
The Systems Architect will:
• Deliver Architectural recommendations and the high level designs.
• Provide design guidance across a range of systems and infrastructure technologies, ensuring solutions are aligned with the business vision and strategy and meet with technical standards.
• Create systems and infrastructure standard and roadmaps.
• Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external vendors to provide design and address requirements.
• Document and audit all development work.
• Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintain networks.
• Act as the subject matter expert and be the first point of contact for any systems and infrastructure issues, take ownership and responsibility of resolving any issues and where appropriate liaise with the support functions and other areas of the business to facilitate amicable and effective solutions.
• Understand and monitor performance against the Delivery Unit KPIs and budget. Where necessary,
• Give updates on the current and future performance and highlight any potential risks or issues.
• Drive efficiencies and effectiveness in the overall business operations processes and ensure that non-value add activities are removed.
Skills and Experience
• Background in infrastructure and systems architecture with experience in making recommendations, defining requirements and documenting designs for large-scale deployments.
• Experience in architecture in Global markets or the automotive industry desirable.
• Strong technical background with broad knowledge across a diverse technical landscape with a deep technical expertise in one or more areas.
• Knowledge of Cloud/SaaS, Microsoft Technologies, Data Analytics, Data Architecture, Data, and system security.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as required.
• Strong communication, which includes presentation and written skills.
• Influencing skills.
• Ability to deliver against demanding deadlines and key milestones.
• Reporting and data analysis; analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A clear thinker with an aptitude for detail.
• Advanced Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
JCC Bowers is the innovative UK company behind Cobalt Auta.
1. HARDWARE — Powerful, embedded, connected XXXX for parallel processing of incoming data from sensor arrays, cloud, vehicle CAN, and V2X.
2. SENSORS – Next-gen LIDAR offering real-time vehicle reaction and advanced visibility over conventional LIDAR tech, without the weight or failures.
3. AI & CLOUD — Our technologies connect to the existing vehicle CAN network, the cloud and our sensors to provide real-time, intelligent and automated control of the vehicle via touch, text or voice.
4. HMI/OS – Future-proofed HMI/OS offers seamless control of vehicle functionality, application integrations, and control over our AI assistant in and out of the vehicle..