At JCC Bowers, we are going to reshape the entire global transportation industry by delivering the world’s most advanced Level 5 vehicle autonomy technology. Our commitment is to deliver a safe, clean, connected, intelligent, and autonomous, future.
Summary of essential skills and background
• Manage the initial and on-going development of electronic components and products.
• Manage the ‘in life’ resources, processes and systems for electronic components and technical builds.
• Develop solutions by guiding development of component specifications; overseeing testing efforts; leading engineers,
Product and Operations Director
Main Purpose of Role
The Senior Electronics Engineer will:
• Deliver technical and project requirements by leading Junior and Apprentice Engineers.
• Meet technical standards by following production, quality and customer standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology.
• Plan projects by confirming organisation objectives and working with Project and Operations teams.
• Provide guidance to the management teams and regularly research best practices.
• Carry out feasibility studies for new technical innovations.
• Estimate material, construction, and labour costs, and project timescales.
• Test installations and systems, analysing data.
• Ensure that all projects meet electrical and industry standards and safety regulations.
• Oversee inspection and maintenance programmes.
• Prepare engineer team through coaching and education.
• Document and audit all development work.
• Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintain networks.
• Be the first point of contact for any technical issues, take ownership and responsibility of resolving any issues and where appropriate liaise with the support functions and other areas of the business to facilitate amicable and effective solutions.
• Understand and monitor performance against the Delivery Unit KPIs and budget. Where necessary,
• Give updates on the current and future performance and highlight any potential risks or issues.
• Drive efficiencies and effectiveness in the overall business operations processes and ensure that non-value add activities are removed.
Skills and Experience
• Experience in managing processes in a complex environment.
• Strong electronics background, with experience in PCB design desirable.
• Experience in automotive electronics and alignment to relevant ISO standards desirable.
• Strong communication, which includes presentation and written skills.
• Influencing skills.
• Ability to deliver against demanding deadlines and key milestones.
• Reporting and data analysis; analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A clear thinker with an aptitude for detail.
• Advanced Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
This will provide a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join a start-up organisation with a highly innovative product set which is very much considered as the next big thing and potentially compulsory product in the automotive space. It's a fast-paced environment, hands-on where everyone plays an essential part in a team environment. The organisation has a strong work ethic, but with relevant rewards.
We take our social, humanitarian and environmental responsibilities as seriously as the success of our business and this role would suit an individual who may be somewhat frustrated with a typical corporate environment and many want to see, feel and live a more ethical business model.
There will be a 6 month probation period, largely due to the innovative and entrepreneurial nature of the environment, giving both sides sufficient time to consider how the role is developing.
JCC Bowers is the innovative UK company behind Cobalt Auta.
1. HARDWARE — Powerful, embedded, connected XXXX for parallel processing of incoming data from sensor arrays, cloud, vehicle CAN, and V2X.
2. SENSORS – Next-gen LIDAR offering real-time vehicle reaction and advanced visibility over conventional LIDAR tech, without the weight or failures.
3. AI & CLOUD — Our technologies connect to the existing vehicle CAN network, the cloud and our sensors to provide real-time, intelligent and automated control of the vehicle via touch, text or voice.
4. HMI/OS – Future-proofed HMI/OS offers seamless control of vehicle functionality, application integrations, and control over our AI assistant in and out of the vehicle..