The Marketing team is the key driver of italki’s business. Our campaigns span through both online (social media, content, digital ads, email, blogs, publications, affiliate networks, public relations, etc.) and offline mediums (magazines, print, events, etc.). Being an internet-based business focused on a global market, it is essential that we keep growing and improving our marketing strategy by channeling fresh, innovative ideas and putting them into action.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, and action-driven individual who can bring forth this passion into the Marketing team. The SEO Specialist will report to the Marketing Communications Manager and will be responsible for the implementation of SEO best practices on the website and marketing content.
• Perform keyword research in coordination with italki's business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
• Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages.
• Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific.
• Administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, webmaster tools) for purposes of diagnostic reporting on SEO projects.
• Help to create and support marketing content to socialize and use for social media purposes (e.g. customer videos briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers).
• Assist in development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with SEO goals.
• Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments.
• Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of SEO improvements.
• Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
• Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming.
• Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
• Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels.
• Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results.
• Experience working in a dynamic startup environment handling websites with large traffic (1M> page view per month).
• 2 years experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
• Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tool.
• Experience working with popular keyword tools (Google, WordTracker, Keyword Discovery, etc).
• Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments.
• Desired: Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administrations.
• Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
* Experience on the language learning industry is a plus
At italki, you can find the best online language teachers from around the world. italki is the world leader in online language education with over 2 million users and 3000+ teachers of 100 languages.