“The key to performance is elegance, not battalions of special cases” – Jon Bentley, Doug McIlroy
At Insight Engines, we know that a high performance platform leads to a higher quality product. Whether that performance is measured in data throughput, service uptime, machine learning accuracy, or natural language understanding, it all comes together in the customer experience. We are looking for someone to help engineer an elegant platform that enables delightful products.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you. Do you enjoy designing elegant APIs? How about automating complex application deployments? Have you seen the light of scalable container services? As an integral part of our technology team, you will engineer, operate, and maintain everything from container infrastructure and application deployments to data APIs and ETL pipelines. You’ll work with our groundbreaking natural language search technologies and help us develop, scale, and deploy our applications in a variety of contexts. You’ll wear many hats, touch many parts of our system, and have a significant impact on our products.
The kinds of problems you’ll be working on include:
- Scaling and maintaining cloud data processing pipelines
- Developing data driven APIs for machine learning applications
- Engineering high volume data systems
- Improving reliability and monitoring of customer facing applications
- Leveraging existing open source technologies like Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes, Docker, and other tools
When applying, please tell us about some of the real world problems you have worked on that use your platform scaling, data processing, or API development experience. Women, People of Color, Minorities, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
- BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or 3+ years equivalent technology experience
- 2+ years of software development (Go, Python, Java, or equivalent)
- ETL, data processing, or database experience (Postgres, Elastic, Spark, etc)
- Secure cloud development experience on AWS, GCP, or equivalent
- Use engineering best practices – deliver high code quality, automated testing, and build reusable components
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Open vacation policy
- Health care insurance
- Dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Health care FSA
- Transit & parking FSA
- Free lunch
- Flexible work hours
- Holiday time off
Insight Engines, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Insight Engines’ software enables organizations to unlock the value of machine data so it becomes accessible and actionable to anyone in an organization, from an analyst to an executive. Its unique and powerful technology leverages natural language, or “plain English”, search queries against machine data, thus eliminating the need to learn and use complex search languages.
Insight Engines’ flagship product is Insight Engines Cyber Security Investigator for Splunk, which allows cybersecurity professionals to use natural language search on data in Splunk to quickly detect, investigate, and visualize cyberthreats.
Insight Engines is backed by August Capital, Splunk, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Data Collective, and is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Learn more at https://www.insightengines.com