Infinit's next generation storage platform is scalable and resilient while being highly customizable for container environments:
- Software-based: can be deployed on any hardware from legacy appliances to commodity bare metal, virtual machines or even containers.
- Programmatic: developers can easily automate the creation and deployment of multiple storage infrastructure, each tailored to the overlying application's needs through policy-based capabilities.
- Scalable: by relying on a decentralized architecture (i.e peer-to-peer), Infinit does away with the master/slave model, hence does not suffer from bottlenecks and single points of failure.
- Self Healing: Infinit's rebalancing mechanism allows for the system to adapt to various types of failures, including Byzantine.
- Multi-Purpose: the Infinit platform provides interfaces for block, object and file storage: NFS, SMB, AWS S3, OpenStack Swift, iSCSI, FUSE etc.