indify is revolutionizing the music industry by giving bedroom musicians a chance to be heard by the world. We’re redefining artist discovery by using data to navigate a saturated music market and predict the next wave of music stars.
We’re looking for a talented and motivated engineer to add to our founding team. indify engineers contribute to all aspects of the platform and are a vital part of envisioning and creating the future of our product. You’ll have your hands in all parts of indify’s codebase including building out the MVC-based backend, writing frontend code to consume and present data, scaling databases to handle our ever-growing data set, provisioning servers, and deploying software in a secure, repeatable, and automated way.
Here’s what you’ll do:
• Tackle a wide variety of technical problems across the whole stack and dive deep into all parts of our codebase
• Work with our founders to revolutionize how artists are discovered in the music industry by creating innovative solutions
• Prototype, iterate, and launch daily
Here’s what we’re looking for:
• Passion and experience creating exceptional software, from initial mockup to final launch
• Experience working with MVC-based backend frameworks
• Understanding of relational databases and experience writing optimized, performance-based queries
• Experience setting up, provisioning, and deploying servers with AWS
• Interest in technologies such as PHP, Python, D3.js, React, MySQL, MapReduce
• Proven history of developing distributed, data-intensive applications that scale
• Well-documented and easy to maintain code that balances efficiency, practicality, and beauty
• A love for music
Here’s some cool stuff we’ve done:
• Colgate University - Thought Into Action Entrepreneurship Institute Shark Tank (Apr. 2015) - http://bit.ly/2b9rfTL
• Pigeons & Planes - “20 Artists About To Blow, According To Social Media Stats” (Nov. 2015) - http://bit.ly/2aOIPOF
• Pigeons & Planes - “20 Artists About To Blow, According To Social Media Stats” (Feb. 2016) - http://bit.ly/2aOIBHm
• NME - “Ten Of The Buzziest Bands Performing At SXSW 2016 – According To Social Media Data” (Mar. 2016) - http://bit.ly/1SPHt6b
Founded in 2015, indify is a data platform that uses a proprietary, predictive algorithm to discover emerging musicians. Using listener data, social metrics and online trends, indify ranks and analyzes up-and-coming artists in order to identify music icons far before they reach stardom.