As a Hockeystick.co data engineer, you'll touch our core systems: BI microservices, ETL jobs, and third-party integrations so expect some DevOps in the mix. We're a small team that’s growing fast and we’re looking for dedicated, smart engineers with experience and a passion for data privacy and security.
We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll have the freedom to make a real difference in the SaaS world, and the chance to work with some of the best in the business. Hockeystick’s culture is defined by the great people who work here.
Your personal growth is also important to us, and we’ll give you the necessary tools to make it happen: health and dental insurance, learning budgets, one-on-one coaching, skill development workshops, you name it.
1. Backend engineering experience greater that 3 years, with strong system and CS fundamentals
2. Expertise in building and maintaining reliable ETL and crawler jobs
3. Deep understanding of SQL and relational database schema design
4. Experience with the test, build, release engineering cycle
5. Knowledge of Python in production environments and API development
6. Exposure to constructing taxonomies and ontologies a plus
1. Design and maintain scalable data models and deployment pipelines
2. Develop and maintain cross-platform ETL processes
3. Optimize table schema based on usage patterns
4. Perform general server administration
Python, PostgreSQL, ETL, DevOps
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA*
* Must have authorization to work in Canada; no remote
Hockeystick.co is a financial data platform used by thousands of companies and some of the top investors and funders in the world. Founded by a team with a proven track record, we are building an API-driven platform for financial and corporate data. We’ve raised our seed round including leading investors in Boston and Toronto.
Hockeystick is a financial market data network that provides deep insight into private companies.
Hockeystick’s network connects a firm’s financial data directly to the venture capital, private equity and innovation ecosystems. Fund managers and analysts use Hockeystick to accurately track, compare and predict company performance.
More than 12,000 private companies and top Canadian funders belong to the Hockeystick network.