Hockeystick is looking for a talented UI/UX person to join our growing team. We're a funded startup based in Toronto working in the FinTech industry. Our customers are VCs, top accelerators and startups who use the Hockeystick database and software tools.
You will be participating in our ongoing projects, delivering a more intuitive user interface and add value to our clients. You will have the flexibility to share your in-depth insights and take initiatives to bring ideas to the table.
We hire for attitude and creativity, but please consider these before you apply:
- Understanding clients’ need, gather and evaluate requirements
- Create user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that enhance UX
- Work closely with Engineering team on the UI component library
- Illustrate strategic design and UX decisions regarding functions and features.
- Facilitate product vision through researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and idea validation
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- 1+ years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience in consumer finance, B2B, Fintech or capital markets
- Proficiency in Sketch or other standard UX software
- Understanding of technical constraints in both web and mobile UI/UX
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision) is a plus
- Ability to work with clients, design complete user experiences that meet the customer's needs and product's vision.
We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll have the freedom to make a real difference in the SaaS world, and the chance to work with some of the best in the business. Hockeystick’s culture is defined by the great people who work here. Your personal growth is also important to us, and we’ll give you the necessary tools to make it happen: health and dental insurance, learning budgets, one-on-one coaching, skill development workshops, you name it.
A DIVERSE & INCLUSIVE COMPANY
We believe that the unique contributions of everyone at Hockeystick are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
We help companies achieve Hockeystick growth using data.
Eight words that power everything we do.
And they've never been so important.
In 2018, 100 million businesses are expected to launch but a staggering 90% won’t see their fifth anniversary (GEM Global Report). To make matters worse, billions of private investment dollars will evaporate when these companies close. To improve the odds funders and companies need powerful analytics, insights tools to make better decisions.
Hockeystick is building software to deliver exactly that.