Join Hockeystick to help more than 12,000 private companies and top Canadian funders to accurately track, compare and predict company performance.
Hockeystick is a financial market data network that provides deep insight into private companies. We connect a company's financial data directly to the venture capital, private equity and innovation ecosystems. We have built our existing platform using Ruby on Rails and scaled it for years to now support more than 12,000 companies reporting on it. We're now building our next-generation platform and we need your help!
Many of us are Rubyists but, as we scale, we need to look beyond Ruby and embrace technologies that best fit our needs. Our next-generation platform embraces the followings and if you're familiar with at least half of them, we'd love to chat with you!
Technologies and patterns that we're embracing:
* Ruby on Rails for our traditional stack
* Elixir and Phoenix for our new data platform
* Python for data analysis and machine learning
* GraphQL and Relay Modern for our data API
* React for our new front-end apps
* Postgres for data storage
* CQRS/ES for handling data flow
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Hockeystick senior software engineer, you'll take charge of developing and maintaining our entire tech stack from 3rd party APIs interfacing, databases, middle services, and front-end apps. You'll work closely with the entire engineering team to provide and obtain feedback on your work.
Our team is still small but growing steadily. We have gone through the pain of scaling our current Rails application and we're now embracing best practices and patterns for our future work. We're sitting on a wealth of data and it will be extremely exciting to see what we can do with our next generation platform. It is now the best time to join and help us define the future of Engineering at Hockeystick.
Your personal growth is also important to us, and we’ll give you the necessary tools to make it happen: health and dental insurance, learning budgets, one-on-one coaching, skill development workshops, you name it.
You'll also enjoy:
* Entrepreneurial environment - Fun, challenging and supportive atmosphere focused on teamwork and solving difficult problems
* A great office - open concept office with free coffee, ping pong and a wellness room
* Convenient location - minutes away from Union Station
* Competitive salary, benefits and stock options
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* A self-starter with minimal supervision required
* Proven experience in open-source contributions
* Proven experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining complex Rails projects for 5+ years
* Experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining complex JS projects in Angular, Ember, or React.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Highly experienced in interfacing with 3rd party APIs
* Highly experienced with authentication standards and frameworks (such as OAuth2 and JWT)
* Meticulous knowledge of CSS 3 and HTML 5
* Expertise with SQL and PostgreSQL in production environments
* Confident in dealing with operational aspects like infrastructure sizing, reverse proxies configuration and common linux servers tasks
* Working knowledge of Elixir and Phoenix
* Develop, maintain, and test our entire stack of applications
* Provide regular status updates on development progress via Slack, GitLab, and stand-up.
* Help QA validates your features and bugs
* Client interfacing occationally
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA*
* Must have authorization to work in Canada; no remote
Hockeystick is a financial market data network that provides deep insight into private companies. Hockeystick’s network connects a firm’s financial data directly to the venture capital, private equity and innovation ecosystems. Fund managers and analysts use Hockeystick to accurately track, compare and predict company performance. More than 12,000 private companies and top funders belong to the Hockeystick network.
Hockeystick is a financial market data network that provides deep insight into private companies.
Hockeystick’s network connects a firm’s financial data directly to the venture capital, private equity and innovation ecosystems. Fund managers and analysts use Hockeystick to accurately track, compare and predict company performance.
More than 12,000 private companies and top Canadian funders belong to the Hockeystick network.