As a Hockeystick full-stack engineer, you'll touch all of our systems: server-side APIs, databases, and front-end apps. As a Rails developer you’ll work on essential core components of our platform that are built using Ruby on Rails with high availability, high security, and reliable performance requirements.
We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll have the freedom to make a real difference in the SaaS world, and the chance to work with some of the best in the business. Hockeystick’s culture is defined by the great people who work here.
Your personal growth is also important to us, and we’ll give you the necessary tools to make it happen: health and dental insurance, learning budgets, one-on-one coaching, skill development workshops, you name it.
1. Proven experience in developing, deploying and maintaining complex Rails projects greater than 3 years
2. You already worked on and with APIs (consuming and emitting), and integrations of third party services (OAuth, Quickbooks, AngelList)
3. Ability to understand, display and even export data in common formats (CSV, XLS, PDF)
5. Familiarity with the common Ruby Gems and the Rails ecosystem
6. Expertise with SQL and PostgreSQL in production environments
7. Confident in dealing with operational aspects like infrastructure sizing, reverse proxies configuration and common linux servers tasks
1. Strong attitude to testing. You discover there's a bug in your code and immediately think about Seppuku
2. Inordinate attention to detail; you are a perfectionist when it comes to dealing with our clients
3. Used to work in a small team and on solo projects
4. You get stuff done. We are looking for someone we can trust to do a good job without much handholding - you should enjoy responsibility
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA*
* Must have authorization to work in Canada; no remote
Hockeystick.co is a financial data platform used by thousands of companies and some of the top investors and funders in the world. Founded by a team with a proven track record, we are building an API-driven platform for financial and corporate data. We’ve raised our seed round including leading investors in Boston and Toronto.
Hockeystick is a financial market data network that provides deep insight into private companies.
Hockeystick’s network connects a firm’s financial data directly to the venture capital, private equity and innovation ecosystems. Fund managers and analysts use Hockeystick to accurately track, compare and predict company performance.
More than 12,000 private companies and top Canadian funders belong to the Hockeystick network.