We have built our existing platform using Ruby on Rails and scaled it for years to now support more than 12,000 companies reporting on it. We're now building our next-generation platform and we need your help!
Many of us are Rubyists but, as we scale, we need to look beyond Ruby and embrace technologies that best fit our needs. Our next-generation platform embraces the followings and if you're familiar with at least half of them, we'd love to chat with you!
Technologies and patterns that we're embracing:
* Ruby on Rails for our traditional stack
* Elixir and Phoenix for our new data platform
* GraphQL and Relay Modern for our data API
* React and next.js for our front-end apps
* Postgres for data storage
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Hockeystick software engineer, you'll take charge of developing and maintaining our entire tech stack from data model design, API design, to front-end UI work. You'll work closely with everyone to provide and obtain feedback on your work.
* A self-starter with minimal supervision required
* Have high standard for everything that you do
* Experience in open-source contributions (must provide GitHub)
* Proven experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining complex Rails or Elixir projects, and/or
* Experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining complex JS projects in Angular, Ember, or React.
* Strong data model design experience
* Experience with authentication standards and frameworks (such as OAuth2 and JWT)
* Expertise in SQL and PostgreSQL
* Working knowledge of Elixir and Phoenix
* Design, develop, test, and maintain our entire stack of applications
* Review and mentor other peers' work
* Present code and product changes to other members
* Continuously improve our process, office, and everything in between to make yourself proud of Hockeystick
We have gone through the pain of scaling our Rails applications and we're now embracing best practices and patterns for our work. And improvements that you add to our platform will actually make a difference in the startup ecosystems in Canada and US.
Your personal growth is also important to us, and we’ll give you the necessary tools to make it happen: health and dental insurance, learning budgets, one-on-one coaching, skill development workshops, you name it.
A DIVERSE & INCLUSIVE COMPANY
We believe that the unique contributions of everyone at Hockeystick is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
We help companies achieve Hockeystick growth using data.
Eight words that power everything we do.
And they've never been so important.
In 2018, 100 million businesses are expected to launch but a staggering 90% won’t see their fifth anniversary (GEM Global Report). To make matters worse, billions of private investment dollars will evaporate when these companies close. To improve the odds funders and companies need powerful analytics, insights tools to make better decisions.
Hockeystick is building software to deliver exactly that.