Hive is a customer data and email platform used by brands to personalize and automate their marketing campaigns.
Our technology helps brands sell more products, while keeping their customers happy and engaged.
First, we gather tons of customer data from platforms like Shopify, MailChimp, and Eventbrite. Next, we infer as much data about a brand’s customers as possible, and unify it all into individual customer profiles.
All of this data is available in a robust CRM that makes it easy for brands to segment and tag their contacts based on hundreds of attributes. Using these dynamic segments, our clients automate email marketing campaigns to their customers, sending more timely, targeted and engaging emails than ever before.
We started our company inside a University of Waterloo computer lab in early 2014, graduated from Y Combinator that summer (S14 batch) and have been growing ever since. You’ll be #4 on our product and engineering team in Waterloo.
We are looking for full-stack developers who can ship their own software and love the intersection between ecommerce and marketing: innovative brands combined with powerful, insightful, data-driven technology.
• You'll join our product and engineering team at an early stage. We’re growing, so there’s lots to do and even more to learn!
• You'll help contribute to our roadmap and choose what you want to work on (motivated teammates are good teammates)
• You'll ship code daily
• You love exploring, using, and shipping new technologies into production to solve hard problems in new ways
• You'll own whatever you build and get to see it used by your favourite brands, artists, celebrities, and their customers
• Passionate about building things. You’re excited by new technologies and have side projects you're proud of.
• Experienced with Django (MySQL/Redis) or other Server Side MVC frameworks i.e. Rails
• A clear understanding of relational databases (MySql)
• Git (Github) for source control and code reviews
• You might have a great CS or Engineering degree, you dropped out, or you didn't even go to school! Our team is made up of all kinds of smart people.
Bonus points for:
• Proficiency with MongoDB or Elasticsearch
• Experience deploying onto AWS Stack (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, Elasticache)
Bottom line: We're looking for curious, hardworking, and down to earth people, who are passionate about helping brands build enduring relationships with their customers. You'll be well taken care of: meaningful equity, salary, and the benefits you need to be happy & healthy.
Finally (and most important), culture is important to us. After a few days of busy work, you've got to know how to have fun - our team loves everything from concerts and music festivals, to ski trips and tech talks - and of course, whatever you’re in to!
Hive is a customer data and email platform used by thousands of brands to personalize and automate their marketing campaigns.
Our technology helps brands sell more stuff, while keeping their customers happy, engaged, and spending money.
We take billions of customer data points from platforms like Shopify, Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram and more, infer as much knowledge as possible (using some really awesome technology), and then unify, organize, and segment customer profiles based on hundreds of attributes. Using these segments, brands are able to send personalized, automated emails to their customers - at scale.