At Hitlist, we help people travel more. Read more about what we’re up to at hitlistapp.com/jobs
We're looking for a talented backend developer able to mesh well with a small team and who's willing to step up and take ownership of projects from end-to-end with the maturity to ensure they're delivered.
Your chief responsibility will be manning the development and maintenance of the Hitlist API backend, but you will be able and willing to contribute to all team efforts: the role has scope to extend to match your talents.
We're looking for a full-time hire working remotely, preferably within a US or European timezone. Compensation would be a mix of salary and equity.
* deliver updates to the API necessary for further Hitlist app development
* analyze performance, remove bottlenecks, fix bugs
* design and expand the database schema
#### Ideal Qualities
* intimate knowledge of Python/Django & postgres
* fluent in git or equivalent source control software
* familiar with Heroku or equivalent PaaS hosting providers
#### Salary & Benefits
You’ll be one of the first official full time hires, but start as a contract-based worker for 90 days. At that point, if all goes well, you’ll be hired as a full time employee.
You’ll provide your own computer and Internet. Some travel for orientation and onboarding may be required. Anything beyond routine public transit will be covered by the company.
Our employee compensation model is salary plus performance driven bonuses. Meaning, the more lift Hitlist sees, the more direct compensation you’ll receive.
Hitlist makes travel more affordable and accessible. The app acts as a smart layer on top of existing flight search services, allowing you to search by type of trip ('a 7-12 day trip to Europe this summer') and alerting you when there are amazing fares to the places you'd like to go. Eventually, we plan to be a full service mobile-first travel agency.
By combining market data with user-volunteered information, we're able to convert aspiring travelers to purchasers at a 20x rate compared to existing travel search engines. We've driven over $8.5m in sales leads to our partners.
- >550k downloads w/no marketing spend
- 'Best New App' in the App Store in 40+ countries
- Featured in the New York Times, CNN, Forbes, TechCrunch, LifeHacker, The Next Web, CNBC, Vogue
- Industry investors such as former Chairman of Orbitz, founders of jetBlue and Sidestep
- Team has won 4 hackathons (Tnooz London, Tnooz SFO, Amadeus) and 2nd place at MashHacks