We’re looking for someone with deep experience in marketing & growth, preferably at a consumer-facing company.
You will lead and coordinate marketing initiatives but be able & willing to contribute to all team efforts.
We have every expectation that this job could evolve into an executive-level position as the team expands, but we think it’s a little silly to use C-level titles before you have anyone working below you, don’t you?
We’re looking for a full time hire based in New York or San Francisco. Compensation would be a mix of salary and equity.
- develop business and brand strategies that effectively communicate Hitlist’s value proposition
- identify strategic marketing partners and establish productive relationships with them
- allocate marketing budget to maximize impact
- define, build, and report on key performance indicators
- understand top user issues and make recommendations to improve engagement & acquisition
- Firsthand knowledge of the travel market
- Agile development (confidence in rapid prototyping or hackathon setting)
- Experience defining, executing, and analyzing user tests to refine & grow the product
- On call availability
- Willingness to travel internationally
Salary & Benefits
You’ll be one of the first official full time hires, but start as a contract-based worker for 90 days. At that point, if all goes well, you’ll be hired as a full time employee.
You’ll provide your own computer and Internet. Some travel for orientation and onboarding may be required. Anything beyond routine public transit will be covered by the company.
Our employee compensation model is salary plus equity and performance driven bonuses. Meaning, the more lift Hitlist sees, the more direct compensation you’ll receive.
Hitlist makes travel more affordable and accessible. The app acts as a smart layer on top of existing flight search services, allowing you to search by type of trip ('a 7-12 day trip to Europe this summer') and alerting you when there are amazing fares to the places you'd like to go. Eventually, we plan to be a full service mobile-first travel agency.
By combining market data with user-volunteered information, we're able to convert aspiring travelers to purchasers at a 20x rate compared to existing travel search engines. We've driven over $8.5m in sales leads to our partners.
- >550k downloads w/no marketing spend
- 'Best New App' in the App Store in 40+ countries
- Featured in the New York Times, CNN, Forbes, TechCrunch, LifeHacker, The Next Web, CNBC, Vogue
- Industry investors such as former Chairman of Orbitz, founders of jetBlue and Sidestep
- Team has won 4 hackathons (Tnooz London, Tnooz SFO, Amadeus) and 2nd place at MashHacks