Helium is hiring a Community Engineer (our first). In this role, you’ll be leading the effort to build an active community of developers using Helium’s hardware and software to ship connected hardware applications.
-- About Helium--
Helium was founded in June 2013 with a mission to make it easier to connect and make sense of the physical world. Our belief is that it shouldn’t be difficult to connect and manage your devices and sensors. Delivering data from device to cloud, regardless of your application architecture, should be straightforward and always secure. We’re funded by industry leaders like GV, FirstMark Capital, Khosla Ventures, Munich Re, SV Angels, and others.
-- Why Work For Helium? --
In addition to being part of a company that is on the on the bleeding edge of IoT, connected hardware, and distributed networking, we offer a full range of benefits and perks:
* Competitive Salary and Equity Compensation;
* Unlimited vacation; and a yearly vacation stipend to make sure you actually take enough time off;
* Yearly hardware stipend;
* Monthly health and wellness stipend;
* 100% company-paid health insurance;
* Dog-friendly office, pallets of La Croix, and a Turing-complete Spotify bot.
* Company-provided lunches at our San Francisco HQ.
-- What You’ll be Doing --
In short, expect to be doing anything and everything required to
expand the Helium Developer Community. This will consist of (but won’t be
be limited to) things like:
* Building — End-to-end connected hardware applications, esoteric sensors, drone race tracks, etc. Anything that helps developers and newcomers learn about and use Helium and connected hardware is relevant.
* Speaking — Conferences, meetups, internal tech talks, etc. You’ll be
in front of developers and executives, talking about Helium and IoT every chance you get.
* Writing, Writing, and More Writing — Docs, code, blog posts, email campaigns, etc.
* Community and Customer Support — Support Helium’s community of
developers and customers in venues like Slack, the Community forums,
meetups, on-site, and much more.
-- Your Background and Capabilities --
This is a role is for a software / hardware engineer who wants to spend most of their time in front of users and customers. Ideally you’ll be proficient in various programming languages, hardware platforms, cloud technologies, and RF/wireless. Some examples of these are (in no particular order):
* Arduino, Raspberry Pi, ARM mbed, etc.
* Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
Wireless protocols and standards like 802.15.4, LoRa, and others.
-- Location and Travel --
You’ll be working out of our San Francisco headquarters (though for the right candidate we would consider another location within the US). You should also expect frequent travel. San Francisco and the Bay Area have a lot of IoT and connected hardware activity but we go where the action is. You can look forward to attending many conferences, events, and on-site hack days with a backpack full of hardware and sensors.
-- Interested? --
If this sounds like you, send an email to email@example.com.
Helium is the most secure and scalable way to capture insights from smart devices. Helium powers next-generation technology that connects the physical world.