This is a unique opportunity to become a core team member of a rapid growing and lean startup changing the TV News landscape. If you're hungry to learn new technologies (backend and client), are comfortable with uncertainty (e.g. don't need someone prescribing how to do things), and want to work with a small team on BIG projects; we should talk.
• Architect and develop a scalable infrastructure to deliver personalized video news
• Tackle complex problems and clearly identify tradeoffs between various approaches and techniques
• Own a client platform (e.g. iOS) that consumers use on a daily basis as their primary way to stay informed
• Work and collaborate within a small team
• Learn new technologies and leverage new tools to ensure we stay on the cutting edge of tech.
• BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field with 2 years of relevant experience
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design
• Experience deploying applications on AWS or similar cloud infrastructure.
• Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
• Experience developing REST-based API
• Experience coding on the front-end (HTML/CSS or Native)
Haystack TV empowers users to watch the news they care about with a personalized headline news channel. Our personalization and big data technology enables a seamless lean back experience that works on smartphones, tablets, TVs and PCs.
TV news is the #1 way Americans stay informed and represents a $15B advertising market. However, YouTube has proven to be an inefficient way to distribute video news online. Publishers large and small are already seeing higher CPMs outside of YouTube and are hungry for a more efficient way to reach video news consumers online.
Haystack TV users are already watched millions of news videos through our service.