Haven is the SaaS-based technology company that thoughtfully advances global trade.
Global trade has grown beyond human scale. Increasingly complex routes and higher stakes demand more efficient systems. Haven believes open collaboration and access to information are key to enabling faster, smarter, and more reliable freight shipping. That's why we build powerful technologies to foster improved communication between companies, decrease trade roadblocks, and mitigate the inherent risks in global trade. Haven is built for companies that ship large volumes of cargo in need of a powerful, easy-to-use tool that allows them to negotiate, ship, and track across thousands of providers and destinations through a single unified platform.
Haven is looking for an experienced, upbeat, professional, reliable and task-oriented Office Manager / Executive Assistant to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for performing high-level administrative duties to support our executive team and the day-to-day office operations for the team as a whole.
* Scheduling meetings, appointments, travel itineraries (especially international) and events.
* Coordinating executive communications, including inbound and outbound communication and interfacing with investors and business partners.
* Maintaining complex filing systems and databases, document review and preparation.
* Partnering with HR and department heads to document processes and policies.
* Office organization including ordering kitchen pantry, stationery, equipment, supplies and arranging repairs.
* Administration of executive expense reports.
* Managing contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease.
* Managing office budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting.
* Providing general support to visitors.
* Assisting in the on-boarding process for new hires.
* Planning and managing for regular board meetings, in-house or off-site activities, including parties, celebrations and conferences.
* Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
* Able to perform duties with a high level of confidentiality and discretion; exhibit integrity and trustworthiness with sensitive information.
* Organized and conscientious while still able to manage shifting priorities and thrive in ambiguity; positive, flexible, patient and open-minded.
* Independently seek to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner with minimal direction and maturity; be a creative and proactive problem-solver.
* Experienced communicator with strong written and verbal skills; use tact and diplomacy when interfacing different personalities within and outside of the company.
* Self-awareness in communications with differing cultural dynamics and practices of external parties will be particularly crucial.
* Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures.
* Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
* Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, in particular) / GoogleSuite/ Adobe.
* Knowledge of Asana, Zoom, box.com (http://box.com/) a plus.
* 4+ years experience as an Executive Assistant, preferably in a technology start-up environment.
* Bachelors or Masters degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus.