Started in 2012, GSF network has three components: an accelerator, an angel network, and tech conferences. GSF is India’s leading startup accelerator program, having accelerated over 50 startups in Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore. Among these, 10 startups have exited, about 40% have raised venture rounds, and over 80% have gone on to raise angel funding.
The GSF investment team for the 2018 batch includes: Rajesh Sawhney, Hiro Mashita (M&S Partners), Murugavel Janakiraman (founder of Bharat Matrimony), Sumesh Menon (founder of U2opia Mobile and Woo), Dinesh Agarwal (founder of Indiamart), Ashish Toshniwal (founder of Y Media Labs, San Francisco), Sri Pedu (Power House Ventures) and Boris Ryabov (Bright Capital)
If you think that you are “the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently”, GSF is looking for you.
GSF India’s foremost tech accelerator is inviting applications for a special batch focused on FinTech, and is looking for startups and founders who think they can disrupt the financial industry in India.
About GSF Accelerator
GSF Global Accelerator is a 13 week program to foster innovation in the fast growing digital economy. It aims to provide select start-ups with unparalleled access to venture and business networks, personalized & intensive mentoring, and initial capital. GSF Accelerator is designed to help product-oriented start-ups. GSF has so far invested in 50 startups and its 6th batch is currently underway in Bangalore..
GSF Fintech 2018 will kick off from Gurgaon. The four-month program will start in July-August, 2018
- Gurgaon: Jul-Aug (two months) 2018
- Silicon Valley, US – Aug 2018 (three weeks)
- Japan: Sep, 2018 (one week)
- India Roadshow: Oct-Nov, 2018
* Note: Exact dates will be announced soon
A typical week at GSF consists of three key elements:
- Mentor Hours: One day is dedicated to mentoring when a start-up meets 3-5 highly accomplished mentors in one-on-one setting
- Workshops: Every week will feature up to 2 workshops.
- Visits: Every week start-ups visit 2 to 3 organizations and interact with the founders and management team.
GSF Accelerator will invest upto between $100 to $200k at upto 15% equity into the startups inducted into the FinTech Accelerator program. GSF also does follow-on rounds of up to $500,000 into a few select startups after the program.
Following on its tradition of Founders for Founders, GSF Fintech 2018 will comprise a founder panel who will not only invest in the startups but also closely mentor them. The founder panel includes:
• Rajesh Sawhney, Founder GSF & Cofounder Innerchef
• Sumesh Menon, U2opia
• Ashish Toshniwal, Y Media Labs
• Murugavel Janakiraman, Bharat Matrimony
• Dinesh Agarwal, Indiamart
• Roshan Abbas, Encompass
Investors & Mentors
GSF6 is backed by leading investors, including:
• M&S Partners
• Powerhouse Ventures
• Boris Ryabov, Bright Capital
What We are Looking For
• FinTech Startups
• Founding team of 2-3 members
• MVP with customers (either in pilot or paying)