Connected vent for intelligent heating and cooling
CIO, Scala, Amazon EC2, Amazon SES · Architected Keen Home's IoT cloud platform Architected Keen Home's Big Data and Analytics… · More platform Keen Home mobile and web UI/UX and development Product design and development Manage technical assets
The Keen Home Smart Vent is a wirelessly networked air vent that intelligently opens and closes to redirect central heating and cooling airflow throughout your home. The Smart Vent not only increases room-by-room comfort, but also reduces the run time of central heating and cooling systems by up to 30 percent!
Ran product and technical development for autom(8), a crypto-incentivized and decentralized Functions as a Service (Faas) platform. Integral in positioning the company for...more acceptance into the inaugural Techstars Blockchain Accelerator (Feb 2019 - May 2019).
Chief Information Officer
2014 - 2019 (over 4 years)
At Keen Home (a Techstars and Shark Tank company) I oversaw all aspects of technical product development from concept through to acquisition in May of 2019. I was a key member...more of the executive team reporting directly to the CEO, providing input and assisting with strategic growth initiatives, product direction and new customer offerings. I was integral in positioning the technical assets of the business for acquisition.
Builder and leader of tech teams. Strategic and product focused. 20+ years experience architecting and building scalable fullstack software. I have an expert understanding of how software is built and run in production systems. As a natural leader I coach and mentor my teams to success.
- Architected and delivered the Keen Home IoT platform, Big Data Analytics infrastructure and public API. Over three years the platform scaled to over 100k connected devices, 1TB of data ingested and analyzed per month, and 50 million API hits per day.
- Forged technical partnerships with Amazon Alexa, Lowe's, Google Nest, Honeywell, and Ecobee to drive critical product integrations to completion.
- Integral in positioning the company for acceptance into the inaugural Techstars Blockchain Accelerator (Feb 2019 - May 2019).
- Built partnership with Oracle’s FaaS team (Fn project) that led to autom(8) being showcased in Oracle’s booth at KubeCon Barcelona, 2019 as well as a number of speaking opportunities and podcasts.
- Architected and delivered a decentralized Function as a Service (FaaS) platform and suite of tools, including a command line interface, peer-to-peer node software and a decentralized password management system.
I'm looking for a CTO or Head of Engineering position at a Series A or B startup that's working on something that I'm passionate about. I'm eager to put my wealth of experience and energy to build something we can all be proud of.
I've known Gregg for several years - we used to work together at BlackRock. Gregg is a talented and well rounded software engineer, an experienced team manager and a fun colleague to work with. He gets things done efficiently and delivers great results. I expect big things from Gregg and highly recommend him.
Technology Entrepreneur & Investor / Family Office / Impact Driven
Gregg's contributions toward Puppystream went far beyond the financial sphere. His keen sense of product and technical advisement helped our company hit numerous milestones during the time we were partners.
Founder of @puppystream • Full-stack web developer and UX/UI designer for 10 years • Entrepreneur & recovering consultant
Yes. We were partners in a startup and I was consistently impressed with his integrity, his depth of engagement in all levels of the product and business, and his ability to just get things done. Would love to have the opportunity to work with him again.